Converge - Official DSF Party - 2014 > Present

Yeah we kept hounding the sound man but he just cut everything past 50 off. Was like yeah put a f1 and cut off half it. Good idea.

You have no idea how much agro this caused.

I think im a wait till the venue reach out and go from there. It boils down to them just being rigidly stuck in their ways and causing mad stress .
You know they threated to kill the night at around 11.30 cos not enough people were inside? We had to tell them to fuck off till 1.30 as 70% of the paid ticket list hadn’t even turned up at that point.
We already ahd to ask them to open at 10 over 11 just to get all the gear and stuff in and setup, a regular night would be 11 and at 11.30 you come to promoters and say that stuff lol
Then we got told at 3.15 it was music off at 3.45. Never got told that by the booking managers or events manager.

They have a decent space but its so fucking badly managed Im a nobody to them, so who am I to come in and say look guys youve got a good space but for fuck sake listen to what im saying and take notes if you want to be a club venue for more than tiny nights haha

Fuck that spot, imo. Go to the place Different Circles put the summer series on at.

Sounds like it was sick. Thelem also dropped that Commodo remix at our night, was tasty

You know Ive never been there. Probably worth an email.
I did have a rant about london venues typed out but sacked it off. Gotta keep this baby positive!

We do appreciate you all coming down and we try really hard to get the vibe right, the sound system as good as London will give us and the line ups onpoint.

I really really want to push proper decent dubstep (with variants ofc) nights that arnt just fucking System or DMZ.
2-3 hours of new tunes in a night once every 3-6 months or if yer DMZ you dust off yer classics for the 8 millionth time, isnt really cutting it tbh.
Its brutally hard work and only seems to get harder.

Anyways its was noisy enough at points haha

it’ll keep growing though man and then you won’t be nobodies! :corndance:

Big ups as always for the great night & to everyone I met there! Hope you keep on pushing forward.

Place shuts at 2am on a friday and saturday which explains why I havent emailed before.

Yunx dropped it

Blim played a bit of everything, started quite 4x4 based, then some Murlo, Martyn etc + some classic 4x4 garage at the end like Watch Ya Bass Bins

Seems mad to me. if they really wanted to make it happen, that space has potential to be a real cultivation ground for underground/Fwd kind of stuff. The system is up to it (if allowed!), the space is perfect in terms of size and set up and it’s in a not-hard-to-reach place for most of London.
It must be a local residents/ council busy bods issue, otherwise they are just shooting themselves in the foot.

tbf most club managers seem to find a lot of satisfaction in maiming their own business.

Yeah trust me.
Just saying to the guys its like a really really rough and jagged diamond.
I will be chatting to them in the week, feel like maybe a face to face with the new venue manager and just laying it all on the table is a better way forward.

You know the struggle haha

Got a few clips here. Not much tho but better than nowt!

1 BigUp

yeah i’d suggest improvements to them cos that place has such potential, but bet they’re probably spengs who’d get upset

feel like on what you’re saying about dubstep nights, there’s definitely newer/(cheaper booking) heads that’d be a good night to have all on one bill, like sepia, foamplate, eva303- (or if feeling flash and he’s in country like karma headlining

Tho this all depends on what the venue comes back with for their feedback lol

1 BigUp

Eva808 is sitting on some of the best tunes in the scene IMO. Cutter, 2CI, Old Skool Ninja…

Could have sworn I looked into it and he/she is in the EU somewhere?

This is pretty nice to see tbh

1 BigUp

Sweden I believe.

Probably why we didnt look at it much then, but I do rate his stuff so who knows down the line!

So calling the venue tonight about “improvements” not sure how that will go down and announcing the next one tomorrow (hopefully)

I never talk to club managers on the phone since they hang up on me before I have a chance to salvage the situation. :dango:

2 Likes

is that emoji supposed 2 convey anal beads or wat