Deep Medi

FKOF have got vids up of the last weekender

This was one of my fave moments of the weekend

Some deece footage, they missed two of the best sets tho - someone needed a vid of Itinerant Priest potentially the hardest ive seen a tune go off this calendar year

1 BigUp

Went up on Juno last night, arrived this morning. Sounds lovely

1 BigUp

Relevant
https://www.facebook.com/events/1678039885800943/

https://soundcloud.com/clashmusic/premiere-compa-four-four-claps

Compa - Truth In Sound EP
Released: March 11th
MEDi091

A1. Truth In Sound
A2. Noctule
B1. Tibetan Chant
B2. Four Four Claps

Pre-orders: Compa - Truth In Sound EP

4 4 claps has got that classic Benga vibe. Iā€™m feeling it you know

1 BigUp

Iā€™m not feelin four four claps tbh, and the previews on databeats site donā€™t work for the other tracks, so hereā€™s some othersā€¦I like the rest of the tracks, so copped

Truth In Sound

Noctule - from about 1:05:00 in this mix

Tibetan Chant

I rate the chant tune

As we yawn and come againā€¦

6 Likes

whats next, another Truth release on medi? lolā€¦I dont get it, medi could honestly pick and choose some of the best producers in the scene but they keep putting out the most ZZZzz singles. I know they put out the Gahnmoddo ting, which was sick. But pretty much everything else they been pushing is stuck in the past, and not a very good past. They need to stop picking the scab off 2011/12 dubstep and move fwd

1 BigUp

To be honest, I was done with Compa the moment i heard Narabeh / Alpha. Theyā€™re ok tunes but his sound in general doesnā€™t appeal to me. Itā€™s boring. This sorta dubby thing heā€™s leaning towards with Bass Drum Version and Truth In Sound still seems quite boring and feels like the same tune.

compa doesnā€™t really have a specific sound yet/right now imo, heā€™s put out a few dubby tunes, a few sorta classic mala style tunes, and even some ā€œlight tearoutā€ (if thatā€™s a thing) (eg For Tonight).

iā€™m not in love with the release (not like iā€™m in love with every release anyway), but Tibetan Chant is a pretty good tune imo. the rest are aight to me

Sinker thoughā€¦ Old school vibe, but still so good.[quote=ā€œGatineau, post:441, topic:552ā€]
Tibetan Chant is a pretty good tune imo.
[/quote]

Tibetan Chant is the only decent tune on there. The rest isā€¦ embarrassing to see on a Medi release.

Speaking of the past, weā€™re still waiting on that Mala boxsetā€¦ Probably wonā€™t ever come out now.

aye that release is sick, forgot about that one (prob bc my copy is a misspress and doesnā€™t play properly lol)

I think I just find it boring when mixing. Considering I donā€™t have a lot of stuff that fits well with it. I listened to his boiler room session last night and enjoyed most of his tunes on there. Even if the mixing was a little dodgy at times.

are you talking about sinker? or compa?

400% agreement on compa being a b8 copycat and -98% agreement on sinker being boring to mix

Iā€™m talking about compa loool. Of course Sinker is sick.

ayee, i thought you replied to a diff post, my b

I find it the opposite. Compas stuff is pretty similar to ā€˜dungeonā€™ which got labelled boring but I always said that dungeon stuff was pretty good as a dj toolā€¦ Yunx was the boss at making pretty boring tracks sound great mixing them together doing mad blends (& with 3 decks). Pretty standard & generic stuff is so easy to mix you can get creative without being a wizard on the decks.

Iā€™ve had fun mixing Alpha into some grime tunesā€¦
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0dgbhByihg

The thumping sub of Alpha over the top of this is good imo.

loooooool that clueless looking white guy in the back during that vid

Anyone heard Sinker VIP/Remix yet?