Deep Medi

medi is taking the piss with that kaiju release…i mean, seriously wtf?

The tracks are nice and all, but not really feeling the hype that warrants everyone pre-ordering.

Seems the majority are ordering to resell at inflated prices because of the Kaiju name.

Saving my money for space horror.

1 BigUp

up on the medi site now

https://store.deepmedi.com/vinyl/medi093

Yeah really not feeling either.

[quote]deepmedi ‏@deepmedimusik 35 minutes ago

@truthdubstep[/quote]

hope it sees a departure from their formulaic reecey sound, if not i won’t be copping tbh

1 BigUp

Feels like stuff has been sorta meh lately. Last 2 I didn’t cop. Most likely won’t be copping this either.

https://compulsiveozblogger.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/egg-of-the-king-12.jpg

1 BigUp

As soon as I saw it my mind leapt to that. Its from the manga Berserk.

lool another truth release…medi is dry af these days

9 Likes

everyone knows the best medi releases was the hijak babylon timewarp, silkie hooby, mala changes and quest stand.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the one mala & yunx been rinsing

Lion’s not on there.

Prob gonna be the one where Andre talks about how victims of terror attacks are just “crisis actors” and completely disrespects world events and the people involved for his conspiracy theories on facebook, such a cool sample. (Honestly, I do not understand how anyone can back these dudes anymore, the shit andre posts on facebook and stuff i’ve heard come out of his mouth in person…)

100% kook and their music is derivative shit only designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator in whatever scene they are involved in that day. I rarely ever call people out like this (not like I have any clout myself) but fucking hell, this dude is the polar opposite of what ‘the scene’ needs these days. Dude is a fuckin dummy on so many levels…seen him creep on girls, say racist shit, and spout conspiracy theory insanity in person…

Truth being on medi has been a joke for me for too long (how many ZZZz releases has it been now?), but now its just getting to the point where you can tell medi itself really has no fuckin clue whats going on anymore

(purposefully leaving tristian out of this because all the times i’ve interacted with him he’s seemed pretty decent tbf)

4 Likes

Their sound has always been a bit off, imo
Like, it sounds as though they have enough skill to create something truly decent but somehow they’re always skirting the edge with those bro-steppy, heavy-yet-hollow sounds thrown in.
The only tune of theirs I actually rate is Amnesia, and that came out 6 years ago.

1 BigUp

i’m glad it’s not just me. i’ve not bought any medi since 2011 i think. the label flopped and it’s a shame to see them just spamming releases these days. if you’ve got to release tunes from compa and truth then you know you’ve run out of ideas imo.

uninspired shite like this is exactly what killed dnb for me and it’s exactly why i don’t dare keep up to date with dubstep for fear of losing the love i have for the genre

6 Likes

I haven’t bought any dubstep records at all this year. Last one I got was the Free Focus / Buckwild remixes. There is still interesting and experimental stuff being released, like what’s going on with Blacklist.

…Other than that I can’t really name anything else in the scene that’s really going on for me. I still rate certain artists. I found out about Foamplate last August, his tunes are so fresh compared to what’s going on in the scene. It really feels like dubstep’s starting to slow down a bit in activity / releases. Despite all of this I’m still waiting for the Smear Dub repress. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 BigUp

same thing that happened to dungeon, happening to this jahstep wave of the last 2/3 years.

compa>kaiju>truth

all in a row

jheeze

so glad i copped this 1 when it came out

was like a bolt of freshness falling from the heavens when mala dropped it at outlook

5 Likes

Lets not forget this was a lazy as fk white label.

tbh I’m starting to see how Toppa Top won’t fit in on Medi now, the tune isn’t inconsequential bollocks like those past three releases.

2 Likes