DMZ Records

it kinda sounds like a track off of a freeizm, but whatevs good to know loe’s been producing. and i don’t mind if he takes things in a different direction, maybe that’s what he needs? not every tune’s gonna be a banger

1 BigUp

Not a bad tune, but I’d expect more from loefah tbh

easily >90% of loefahs released and unreleased discography is high grade banger material so yeah i actually do expect a lot more from him

i don’t think i get your point. did you mean to reply to creamlord?

i was replying to that bit

well, i guess i’m just saying i’d prefer non ‘bangers’ over no tunes at all, and that i’m not sure if he’s been producing regularly over the past like 6-10 years (though i’d guess he hasn’t been), so if he’s “starting back up” so to speak, he’s probably not gonna crank out a future classic on the first go.

fairly certain there was an interview or two where he mentioned he’s still been writing tunes even though he hasnt been releasing them. also this isnt the first new track that’s come about, there was western, as well as a few that oneman was playing like champion and grand master

1 BigUp

Why though? Quality > quantity any day of the week, esp from a producer like loe

What do you even mean by banger? Not all of loe’s released material sets the dance off, but its 100% high quality stuff

im kinda baffled why loefah let this one out of his harddrive tbh

Seems more like one of millions of project files every producer has floating about on their computer. Some ideas, but no real vibe. The kinda thing you spend an hour on and never open the project file up again.

1 BigUp

sure for a release. it’s just a radio clip. i think it’s a bit much to say it shouldn’t have gotten sent out at all…

and why would i prefer it to no tunes at all? mainly cause it’s a sign that he’s active, and there’s potential for growth and more tunes (which could, ya know, feasibly be better than this clip) to come.

1 BigUp

Would have more promise if that shit acid synth line got ditched

Sounds like a naff old Headhunter cut

1 BigUp

can the man please build the music he wants without people having ‘expectations’ on what his tunes have to sound like?

3 Likes

Shit tunes are shit tunes tbf

Loefah can make whatever he wants, but if they’re played publicly he should expect criticism. Also considering the quality of what we’ve heard from him in the past, the bar is going to be high

1 BigUp

Yeah that was my thought as well
I like it though, gonna give it a few more listens tonight

if he wants to put this out on bh that’s probably bless with me

weren’t those just lazy sub par trap beats?

It’s better than Mala’s new track Side II Side and Coki’s new track Bass Stabber. Apart from the acid synths, it’s not that bad.

idk if i would call them trap beats but yeah they were also definitely sub par

So I guess Mala does know who put out that DMZ007 bootleg… would love to know who it was if it is someone known in the scene and not just some jobsworth randomer

who cares lol