DMZ Records

Internet spengs looking for conflict and bantz

1 BigUp

Mushimushi

I reckon he put it out tbh

I reckon this sellerā€™s got something to do with it: http://www.discogs.com/seller/The_Vinyl_Emporium/profile

I bought one off him and at that time he only had one for sale. It turned up brand spanking new, then he had another one for sale straight away on discogs. I know at least one other person bought another one off him since then, and now he has another one up for sale (price has gone up too lol).

Mala said he didnā€™t care about bootleggers anyway

Meaning hes not gunna waste energy on themā€¦ shouldnā€™t be misinterpreted, as most people do, that he condones it. He put on his twitter ages ago when it came out that people shouldnā€™t buy it, its a bootleg and he sees no money from it.

Does anybody with a copy play it out at clubs? Iā€™d feel like a world class speng tbhā€¦ Iā€™d rather save the money and just play a CD of the vinyl rip if youā€™re not arsed about bootlegs.

Iā€™d feel weird even playing an authentic copy lol. Never heard anyone but Mala draw for it come to think of it.

well he sees no money from some tnuc asking for 200 euros on a copy either soā€¦
only difference being that the guy asking for that price paid for his copy, but probably so did the bro bootlegging it

1 BigUp

Yeah true, just think he was more highlighting the fact itā€™s someone else selling it so not official DMZ.

what? for anti-war dub or haunted?

def heard people play anti-war dub (joe nice and hatcha come to mind). haunted i feel like is played less often these days. have heard hatcha play it though i think.

Everybody is allowed to play haunted cause its a fucking banger showstopper of a tune. I donā€™t even mind randoms playing AWD as long as the vibe is right and people are in the right mood. I play a lot of sets to ā€œuneducatedā€ crowds; people who can tell a good tune from a bad tune but arenā€™t very familiar with dubstep. In these cases, I often pull for the rinsed classics. Theyā€™re classics because theyā€™re good and they bang. MRL, Midnight, Neverland, Eyez, South London Boroughs, the whole lot.

6 Likes

Anti-War dub. Those guys it makes some sense because theyā€™re strongly linked with Mala still.

The guy selling the bootleg is taking the piss asking for Ā£40. If it was sensibly priced, he would sell them by the truckful

Was at a dubstep event in Croydon once where Pistons opened with it.

Riz La Chief finished with it at our last night with Ishan but then i hit him in the arm and he wheeled it

1 BigUp

Yeah but when Riz plays it heā€™ll be layering a Wiley vocal over the top whilst dropping in air horns from a DnB white label, blindfolded and with one arm tied behind his back.

1 BigUp

haha straight!

I went to a night a while ago to see kaiju & the bloke warming up the venue played anti war dub into request line within the first couple of tunes of his set, dunno what he was thinking but ive never had a stronger urge to slap someone.

interestingā€¦

1 BigUp

Yeah bun mixing the classics like that unless youā€™re Hatcha and/or think youā€™re Hatcha after 6 grams of bag

This tune should be compulsory in every 140 warm-up set

2 Likes

Canā€™t fucking satisfy peeps these days, play bro bangers, deep heads whine. Play deep classics, deep heads whine.
kmt

6 Likes