DMZ Records

Not the wobble/bass, the kind of chime sound that comes in just after the bass

Can’t tell if your joking or not jesslem lol

it’s a collection of notes, like a kind of sped up arpegiator…if you played it really really slowly you’d probably hear it clearer.

1 BigUp

ah okay, yeah what swerver said. defo a very fast arp. it sounds like there might be an envelope on the pitch moving it downwards, but that could just be the pattern of the arp. and some delay/reverb.

no particular name for that sound tbh

1 BigUp

Now you say it I can see what you mean by an arp with reverb, similar thing in

thishttps://youtu.be/NDWgtB_MD24

Yeah i’m done waiting lol. Any idea when a new release is coming?

1 BigUp

Does Mark still make music??

There was that mirrors tune that I dunno if anyone’s actually heard and ama but that was like 2 years ago iirc

Wasn’t there a beatport clip floating around here a few weeks/months back? Everyone shat on it.

I assume mirrors is gonna be brownswood, given it was teased by Giles Peterson/BW insta or something like that. For a while I’ve felt like Harvest fits the bill for a forthcoming release, but honestly I don’t think we’re gonna see a new one for a good while yet (despite the already long wait), if ever

1 BigUp

Haha nah that was just some random tune I found

1 BigUp

there was a new (at least i had never heard it) untitled mala tune joe nice played on sub fm a few times in the past year

really good tune imo

about halfway through the may 2015 set, right before the compa track, about 37 mins in on the dot

last i checked it ain’t on youtube

http://www.joenice.net/index.php?year=2015#2015

ffs this thread…

dubstep police

2 Likes

Id be surprised if anything comes from DMZ again.

Did see Loefah got DMZ tattooed on his hand on instagram tho haha

2 Likes

the quiet descent into the abyss

pitch modulated synth, same as what wiley uses for the flute sound in morgue

1 BigUp

I need new DMZ in my life

I’m not ruling out a future release, they could decide to press one up at any time

1 BigUp

DMZ 20th birthday special release, single sided plate, coki borderline brostep tune. Only 10 are pressed, goes for £1000000 on discogs. Dubstep officially rip

4 Likes

Gets 1.2 star rating on Discogs.

lol I thought mala was doing that 10yr boxset “swore on his mum’s life” you can’t trust mala and loefah as far as you can throw them…which maybe a couple of metres for me, but still

2 Likes

Coki was supposed to have a dubby album or something as well