DMZ Records

Fuck it theyll release stuff as and when, past the point of caring bout getting hands on these old dubs now

1 BigUp

U wouldnt say no tho

2 Likes

Oh yeah this was definitely a (relatively) recent thing

Yeah I know but he didn’t swear on his mum’s life in a book plus I could tell he probably wasn’t going to do the album.

Jah Power Dub will never hit wax unless miracles (no pun intended) are real.

The same was said about midnight tbf though

2 Likes

Yeah the release of Midnight kinda popped the balloon of dub mystique for me, if there was one/two that we thought werent gonna come out it was Midnight and later on Badman VIP

Would rather get Light One than anything tbh and no i would not say no to Jah Power dub. Fuck reminds me Kahn has that tune

That’s only because the tune was thought to have been lost on the wav file. Plus we all know Loefah’s little antics when he decided to put it out on that Berceuse Heroique instead of DMZ to avoid represses I bet.

Why wouldn’t Kahn have that tune? Light One deserves a release after what Beezy did to that track. Everyone asks for I Swear, but that won’t happen - personally I like Dry Cry over I Swear. I’d like to see a few of them early 2-step styled ones on wax.

Fwiw BH have done plenty of represses as and when it suites them. Not to discredit your point though, as they’re a far better platform for stupidly limited releases unlike DMZ that would have given it a proper run

I feel like I swear could happen maybe possibly probably not but maybe. It seems like the perfect combo of dubby, booky samples for what AWD was created for. But that’s just me being hopeful. I reckon it would be power in the mix

jah power dub got dropped at my house party

was a madness tbh

4 Likes

Yes because I think Gizmo was in charge of it and he loves his limited vinyl releases.

Yeah, but it rarely ever gets played out so that’s why I don’t think it will happen…but we’ll see. I remember mentioning crystal lake on the old forum and everyone discredited that and it nearly got put out on AWD.

Was Bad Spirits On Shoulders dropped?

nope

tut tut tut

Everyone said this about stand against war (including myself on numerous occasions)
Everyone said this about midnight

I didn’t about Stand Against War. I knew it was a matter of time before it hit wax.

okay i shall bow down to you, mystic oracle of the dubs, for you are the infallible authority on the likelihood of release

9 Likes