DSF Sample Pack Contest 46

DSF SAMPLE PACK COMPETITION - 46

https://assets.makersmark.com/web/section/438/1280x720/Makers-46-Hero-1280x720.jpg

https://www.sendspace.com/file/8a11bx

COMPETITION RULES AND GUIDELINES

• CREATE A TRACK WITH ONLY THE SAMPLES PROVIDED
  • USE ANY EFFECTS OR SOUND PROCESSING TO YOUR ADVANTAGE (CUT/SLICE/EDIT ETC.) DO NOT BUILD OR MAKE YOUR SOUNDS USING SYNTHS
  • USE OF GRANULIZATION/WAVECYCLE PROCESSING & VST EFFECTS IS ALLOWED AS LONG AS NO OTHER AUDIO SOURCE IS ADDED.
  • TRACK DURATION MUST BE LESS THAN 5 MINUTES FOR SUBMISSION, TRACKS EXCEEDING THIS TIME LIMIT WILL NOT BE INCLUDED
  • ANY GENRE OR STYLE OF MUSIC IS ACCEPTED
  • DO NOT POST YOUR TRACK BEFORE SUBMISSION OR REVEAL THE IDENTITY OF YOURSELF OR OTHER PRODUCERS
  • WHEN FINISHED, UPLOAD YOUR TRACK, PROVIDE A TITLE, THEN SEND THE TRACK TO TABASCO VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE WITH THE DOWNLOAD LINK
  • PLEASE ENSURE ALL TRACKS ARE SUBMITTED IN 320kbps MP3 FORMAT ONLY. NO WAVS
  • COLLABS ARE PERMITTED, BUT PRODUCERS COLLABING CANNOT ALSO SUBMIT INDIVIDUAL TRACKS

Closing dates for track submission is 9am GMT Tuesday 26th April

2 Likes

@Tolsof
@_ronzlo
@jaydot
@cyclopian
@0h85
@bigal
@BudSpencertron
@111
@fragments
@kLik_kLak

did u write that all from memory or did u copy off the old forum

1 BigUp

A little from column A, a little from column B.

We had the discussion on whether granular synthesis was allowed enough fucking times to have it seared onto my retina.

Thanks to @riddles for pinning this. Maybe we could have a custom title for the winner?

Also need to figure out voting - how was this done for the DSF awards this time round?

1 BigUp

RE: the title, that sound good

Iā€™ll dig out how to do polls and message you

1 BigUp

oh yeah iā€™m in

1 BigUp

last one i did (maybe last one that ever happened?)

was so fun, think it was like 5th beat i ever made, really encouraged me to get involved with making shiz

1 BigUp

Wicked, mate :slight_smile:

Nothing like a limited palette to fire the juices IMO :wink:

Will take a look when I finish work!

what a shitty time to lose internet at my house

Got two weeks, mate :slight_smile:

bad assā€¦I will be getting my ES2 setup with the samples this evening

Shout to whoever can name the film sample source :wink:

im going to download this and give it a go i think. gives me a bit of a reason to finally try out Reaper after installing it.

probs wonā€™t submit it but it gives me something to start with

1 BigUp

shit I might bring a usb drive into school

ughh forum used to use a 3rd part voting website

would log IPs so you could only vote once

iā€™m not rating the pack but iā€™ll give it a go

If you win, you get to put the next one together :slight_smile:

And if you donā€™t, you can always blame the pack :slight_smile:

1 BigUp

Downloaded. Already put together a little beat. I love resampling and fucking with samples. I havenā€™t done one of these beforeā€¦ Is it common for a song to only use a few of the samples and be really simple?

Edit: Also itā€™s legal to like resample this stuff using harmor and such right?