DSF SAMPLE PACK COMPETITION - 46
COMPETITION RULES AND GUIDELINES
- CREATE A TRACK WITH ONLY THE SAMPLES PROVIDED
- USE ANY EFFECTS OR SOUND PROCESSING TO YOUR ADVANTAGE (CUT/SLICE/EDIT ETC.) DO NOT BUILD OR MAKE YOUR SOUNDS USING SYNTHS
- USE OF GRANULIZATION/WAVECYCLE PROCESSING & VST EFFECTS IS ALLOWED AS LONG AS NO OTHER AUDIO SOURCE IS ADDED.
- TRACK DURATION MUST BE LESS THAN 5 MINUTES FOR SUBMISSION, TRACKS EXCEEDING THIS TIME LIMIT WILL NOT BE INCLUDED
- ANY GENRE OR STYLE OF MUSIC IS ACCEPTED
- DO NOT POST YOUR TRACK BEFORE SUBMISSION OR REVEAL THE IDENTITY OF YOURSELF OR OTHER PRODUCERS
- WHEN FINISHED, UPLOAD YOUR TRACK, PROVIDE A TITLE, THEN SEND THE TRACK TO TABASCO VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE WITH THE DOWNLOAD LINK
- PLEASE ENSURE ALL TRACKS ARE SUBMITTED IN 320kbps MP3 FORMAT ONLY. NO WAVS
- COLLABS ARE PERMITTED, BUT PRODUCERS COLLABING CANNOT ALSO SUBMIT INDIVIDUAL TRACKS
Closing dates for track submission is 9am GMT Tuesday 26th April
did u write that all from memory or did u copy off the old forum
A little from column A, a little from column B.
We had the discussion on whether granular synthesis was allowed enough fucking times to have it seared onto my retina.
Thanks to @riddles for pinning this. Maybe we could have a custom title for the winner?
Also need to figure out voting - how was this done for the DSF awards this time round?
RE: the title, that sound good
I’ll dig out how to do polls and message you
last one i did (maybe last one that ever happened?)
was so fun, think it was like 5th beat i ever made, really encouraged me to get involved with making shiz
Nothing like a limited palette to fire the juices IMO
Will take a look when I finish work!
what a shitty time to lose internet at my house
bad ass…I will be getting my ES2 setup with the samples this evening
Shout to whoever can name the film sample source
im going to download this and give it a go i think. gives me a bit of a reason to finally try out Reaper after installing it.
probs won’t submit it but it gives me something to start with
shit I might bring a usb drive into school
ughh forum used to use a 3rd part voting website
would log IPs so you could only vote once
i’m not rating the pack but i’ll give it a go
If you win, you get to put the next one together
And if you don’t, you can always blame the pack
Downloaded. Already put together a little beat. I love resampling and fucking with samples. I haven’t done one of these before… Is it common for a song to only use a few of the samples and be really simple?
Edit: Also it’s legal to like resample this stuff using harmor and such right?