DSF57 Production Competition - KOSMISCHE

Im considering making two tunes tbh if I’ve got the time

3 Likes

If the upper limit is 110 bpm, I wonder what an Electro half time feel of 55 bpm would sound like?

4 Likes

Maybe I will find out…

2 Likes

I’m considering setting up a second account to upvote this.

1 BigUp

Oh shit

Just discovered a new trick for stacking drum samples with my janky setup and it’s fuckin amazeballs. :star_struck:

4 Likes

:wwf:

ok fam

Time to buckle down.

You’ve maybe DL’d the pack, previewed some folders, had a fiddly diddle with a few sounds…

Now is the time to start putting together a tune, a loop, even a kick/snare or bassline ting.

If you’re stuck, or you’re like “what the hell is krautrock” or just need something to watch try this:

2 Likes

I’ve been working on this for awhile and have a whole lotta nothing lol.

Couple good loops but nothing I’m satisfied with. Just going to end up with a whole ass beat tape

1 BigUp

Sage advice, some of the best chunes are made when the effort is simply smooth & not very time consuming. Of course it’s much easier said than done but it can be done.

In other words, that’s what I try to do. Less time/ less effort = big chuna

1 BigUp

I feel like your daw crashes every competition. Maybe it’s some else’s daw that crashes too.

1 BigUp

Ya know Ryan, I think you’re right. I’m way over thinking everything I’m doing. I’ll try and chill out.

And it might lol. I think its usually because I try some new plug ins and they aren’t always stable. I believe that’s why it crashed this last time

1 BigUp

One of the reasons I chose this pack was because it should be usable by anyone: less experienced folk could literally build a tune with the loops right out the gate and still make something interesting, while more experienced types have a lot of options to get cuckoo doing more technical stuff.

Just have fun. Don’t have expectations, don’t make what you think other ppl wanna hear. Make something you like, even just a little.

2 Likes

Ah dammit, the sample pack link has expired.

I havnt download the pack either. I’ll download tonight if that’s cool?

here ya go guys

3 Likes

I’m feeling my mental health plummet the more I work on this lol

1 BigUp

That’s reasonable. I had a bunch of homework and I forgot to download the sample pack last night. :ninja:

1 BigUp

My mental health is already at the bottom, hence my absence from the last few comps.

Heal Thyself Brother. :palms_up_together:t2:

2 Likes

I hear krautrock is good for the soul

ive never heard that

2 Likes

If you dont have time to listen to the whole Eyes Have It sample looking for the good bits - here is a transcript
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/31516/31516-h/31516-h.htm

1 BigUp