Lol oops

Will redo my vote after another listen

Good work on the SC pic btw, much better choice

1 BigUp

Inb4 you vote for yourself now lol

3 Likes

NONE OF YOURE BUSINESS WHO I VOTE FOR

3 Likes

damn boys, great submissions, I love the vibes on these and how a lot of them went in like a dark evil dub direction. hard to choose as always…

2 Likes

2 votes lmao

C’mon pplz.

1 BigUp

I went 4 but 5 would have got my 2nd vote so big up u x

1 BigUp

I’m gonna give a listen tomorrow on my drive home :bluethumb:

1 BigUp

RIght got a coffee and am sufficiently woken up enough to focus.
Listening now…

Track 1 - nice rolling atmosphere, very hypnotic. Love how it subtly builds all the way through, and all the little elements come in and out dancing around each other.

Track 2 - as hypnotic as track 1 but in a much darker place, This one is less about floating away, and more about being mired and chained unable to escape. Relentless. Bassline is evil.

Track 3 - I got Aphex vibes from this. That kick is a chonkyboi. All that stuttery, shattered percussion is a nice counterpoint to the ethereal-ness of the vox and synths coming form the spectral realm.

Track 4 - those drums are a big vibe, so much going on and I like how they’re panned. Synths are ominous and suffocating. Bassline is a mean bastard.

Track 5 - Fuuuuuucking hell :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Voted.

1 BigUp

man all these tracks are sick! bigup all participators

2 Likes

Make sure to vote!

btw man sunday (today) is the 14th, monday is the 15th.

everyone should vote if they havent since it’s (maybe) the last day today

You are correct.
Ok so voting will close early tomorrow (Monday) morning.

If you’ve not done so, please vote now!

aaaand we’re done. Big ups to all involved, producers and voters.

Thanks to @lloydnoise for hosting this one. Probably one of the more challenging pack we’ve had :lol_og:

1st place goes to @MARSEN well done mate. Your track was a fucking beast!
Sample pack & theme for DSF59 is all yours. Comp opens on 31st July so you got plenty of time to get the sampes together.

Full tracklist:
Track 1 - @tolsof - SPC58
Track 2 - @_ronzlo as Black Triangle Project - The Roller Coaster Turned Into A Spaceship
Track 3 - @lloydnoise - Anti-death Dub
Track 4 - @sleeps as Old Shock - Choking Hazard
Track 5 - @MARSEN - Crucifixion

Next up is the Mutant Dancehall Comp, I have the pack ready and will open the comp on 5th of June so get you lives in order so you have time to join in!

6 Likes

oh shit lol now I have to decide whether to try to do something funny or just interesting. I actually thought this one was a bit easier than some others cause there was so much audio to play with and things that already sounded like drums & instruments & tones & textures… thanks for the votes of support guys, big up lloydnoise for coming up with the competition as well. I voted for number 4 but was really torn between that and number 1 actually… and they were all really dope genuinely

4 Likes

Yeah great tunes as always. I was kind of split between 4 and 5. 4 mostly because I felt it actually had the best sound design going on, but 5 just stood out from the rest so I went with it. My dad voted for #4 fwiw

2 Likes

Cheers pal. I literally just wing it with these things. :embarassed:

So grateful for this. Really helped me

1 BigUp

glad I lost, i don’t have time to organise a third in as many months lol, gg guys, esp considering the pack :lol_og:

5 Likes

Sleeps was asking some questions about some of the sounds in my track, so I made a little video talking about some of the sound design of different elements, not comprehensive or scripted ahead of time or anything but thought you guys might find it interesting as well

4 Likes