DSF61 Production Competition: The Remix

Thanks to the winner of DSF60 @Dat_Daxter who has provided the samples for DSF61. Something slightly different this time in that instead of a sample pack, you have stems of one of Dax’s tunes. Remix it any way you see fit.

RULES
BPM: Any
Genre: Any
Sounds: You may only use, manipulate, destroy, and abuse the samples in the pack. No drum machines or synths.
Deadline: Sunday 5th May

Download the stems here: LINK

5 Likes

@finji @cyclopian @Anecho @MARSEN @knobgoblin @Samuel_L_Damnson @Harkat @Lavek @Tolsof @Hibbie @_ronzlo @Paralytik @mks @Molzie @trudge @finji

1 BigUp

@faultier @topmo3 @swerver @syrup @lloydnoise @anon22530004 @butter_man @Pokus
@Dubstep_Warrior @Ryan @clone @polkaroo @Phigure @hubb @Stance_ReThinK

2 Likes

@redliner_headliner @Sac @Dat_Daxter

1 BigUp

I appreciate being @'ed even though I rarely come around anymore. Downloaded the stems and gonna fiddle with em for a while

2 Likes

Ooh gonna have a go at this one for sure

1 BigUp

im chopping all the drums now and processing them this is going to be hard lol

1 BigUp

Yeah it’s trickier than usual but got some good FX from reverbing and delaying the drums then freezing the delay. Drum pattern was surprisingly easy but I didn’t change much, just fitted it to a more conventional 140.

@Pokus whenever and wherever you wanna jump in we’ll be here pal

3 Likes

oh btw free plugin in a hour mate

1 BigUp

Ah shit forgot about that!! Thanks for the reminder

Got something cooking eh

1 BigUp

You guys like country gabberdonk right?

EDIT: was in the middle of composing a reply about how I didn’t know if I was gonna do this cuz I’m working on 3 songs already and have all this drive to make music lately and then I downloaded the pack and started wrapping up the post and then opened the pack and cut a few little bits out just to see and then next thing you know there’s a banging little 8 bar loop… :rofl:

Samplepack junkie.

3 Likes

Yes.

1 BigUp

Hah same here. I only loaded them all into Reaper to see if there was anything cool to cut out for future, and I ended up doing some sound deisgn and arrangement,

1 BigUp

Got a moody 130bpm techno thing going. I’ve bought 3 hardware pieces over the last 3 months so it was a nice change of pace to work 100% ITB for a change.

2 Likes

can i just ask one question can i use the fl studio channel rack or does that count as a drum machine?

if i chopped the kicks export them to wav and use them in my channel rack so i can make my own drum sequence

Absolutely fine - you’re only loading the samples into it

1 BigUp

is it bad that i think im nearly done

2 Likes

I don’t know, it’s never happened before :lol_og:

2 Likes