DUB TECHNO - A DSF Production Competition

Showoff. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

stoked to hear yours

2 Likes

you know when you lot where talking about saving the information for the song how do you do that?

as in track title artist etc

I use Kid3 to do all my tags

1 BigUp

I’m no expert but every time you export something that’s been exported I’m p sure it does degrade, diminishing returns innit. I don’t know how noticeable it is or to what extent it degrades.

1 BigUp

thanks i deleted my post because i just thought the filetag would be in export settings but ill use kid3 which source is safe to download i get sketched out by virus’s etc

1 BigUp

Just straight from their site. Been using for years no problems

https://kid3.kde.org/

1 BigUp

please don’t use wetransfer to upload the sample packs

If you need a re-up just ask :wink:

1 BigUp

New link in OP

Ferda comin out in droves for this one

Had to google that one

1 BigUp

thx :wink:

1 BigUp

Moritz Von Oswald once mentioned during an interview that they’d leave their stuff playing 24/7 where they lived so they could hear it from all angles and they would make tiny changes to the mix over the course of weeks/months

5 Likes

and this is the best sentence in a music critique ever imo:

“Vainqueur, one of Basic Channel sublabel Chain Reaction’s best artists, breaks a half-decade’s silence with the blissful lapping of digital whitecaps laid over a pulse so steady it seems to come from the earth’s core itself-- in other words, exactly what he’s always done, and praise Jah for it.”

3 Likes

Rhythm & Sound is such a perfect extension of Dub, king tubby turned his mixing desk into an instrument and the engineer into an artist. Rhythm & Sound turned their studio’s noise floor into magic. Their stuff is appropriately untouchable; nearly mythological in design. Its hard to even play their music in a DJ set because the mixes are so distilled

9 Likes
1 BigUp
1 BigUp

this is the first track i made and thought after ah its not dub techno. my first attempt at a techno rumble too still not good something i need to work on

1 BigUp