Dubplate cutting

When my parents die I’ll ask if I can get their ashes pressed so I can put a tune on it lol

2 Likes

best be a bangaa!

We are based in Walthamstow East London and are cutting dubplates PVC and Acetates at

https://www.byrons-yard-vinyl-record-cutting.com

2 Likes

yooo you have a scully lathe? big man ting.
who’s the cutting engineer and how have we only just heard about this? any history?

might give you a ring tomorrow

Not been on this for a while so just seen this, yes brother cutting pvc on the Scully, attended cuts welcome you heard about it now.

my brother cutkachi will soon have something to offer…

We have been down for the past month or so but our cutterhead is now fully restored so cutting one off vinyl records and dubplates in Walthamstow East London on a Scully lathe attended cuts welcome 7 days a week.

innamiyard@yahoo.com

3 Likes

Just wanted to let you know we have a special offer at Byrons Yard for November for the DSF massive, have a one off vinyl dubplate 12’ cut at 45rpm 1 track per side normally £30 reduced to £25 and 10 inch dubplate £22.50 these are pvc cut on a Scully lathe we are based in Walthamstow, London E17 and open 7 days a week attended cuts are always welcome.

All dubs and short runs are cut on the Scully Lathe!

2 Likes

Oh sick, was literally thinking about cutting my first this Friday. What’s delivery like?

your welcome to come over we are based in Walthamstow East London or you can send tracks to innamiyard@yahoo.com

Henry from Dubstudio made a post earlier this week about closing up shop for the foreseeable at the end of the month, so if you have any dubs you were thinking of getting cut, get your orders in before it’s too late.

2 Likes

Gutting - did he say why? thats where I get mine cut.
Considering quite a lot of producers are getting limited lathe runs cut at the moment I thought they would be seeing a bit of a boom in work.

:nogunfinger: sad news, not that i can afford cutting dubs anymore, or even buying new plates lol

These guys are based in London and I’ve had a cut done and it’s weighty as fuck.

Quite a few well known heads getting limited cuts from them

4 Likes

will give these guys a go

If your London based it’s worth popping into their shop and having a chat with them, nice guys and can probably let you hear some examples of what they’ve cut

1 BigUp

yeah saw these recently, only in deptford so not far from me, probably go here in future. Have always used dubstudio previously tho cos website/ordering is easy and quality bang on, sad to see H go

1 BigUp

His post is quite long but will summarise.

Basically not to do with the shortage of work as there is plenty available especially with the boom in short run lathe cuts, the nature of the job has changed from when he first started and his love isn’t there anymore. It’s gone from cutting dubs for local djs to be played that weekend (sometimes hand delivering to dances around Bristol) to something much less personal where he says he’s lucky to connect with one client face to face in a week.

Fair enough I suppose if he’s no longer enjoying it. Big loss to the scene though as his work is highly respected among many.

The announcement has actually pushed me to finally get my first dubs cut which I’ve been pondering for way too long. Very gassed to say the least.

5 Likes

Sad to hear this tbh :-/

Ah, dammit…