Dubplate cutting

Thanks for the share. Prob gunna try them out since Henry is no longer gunna be cuttin tunes for the masses

Shame to hear about them tbh. I stopped cutting dubs after switching to digital because itā€™s just not financially sustainable - Iā€™d highly reccomend the cut house though, could get a dub cut for about Ā£20 that sounded solid

1 BigUp

Not happy with 2nd dubplate i got from 1-800-dubplate, 1st one was fine but 2nd, as soon as i got it out the sleeve it didnā€™t look right, itā€™s as if the grooves havenā€™t been cut deep enough, so itā€™s p quiet and hard to cue any track without the needle jumping.

You can visibly see the difference between the 1st and 2nd plates by looking at the grooves, not sure what to do? Back it?

1 BigUp

Put that one aside for the zombie apocalypse imo

Shaun of the dead GIF - Find on GIFER

2 Likes

:lol_og:

Just let Lewis know, heā€™ll happily sort it out

1 BigUp

Yeah he was the guy i was dealing with, will take pics of 1st and 2nd plates to show the difference, bit gutted but hopefully theyā€™ll sort it

I think Cut House is the place to go these days.

This was a lathe release cut by them and basically sounds like a proper pressed vinyl

1 BigUp

Fingers crossed they sort it. My experience is often the studios often want to make things right when they do a bad cut

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™d always recommend cut House, never been disappointed with the dubs Iā€™ve had cut there. Also this is my mates label! Great to see it popping up all over

Whatā€™s the info for cut house? Couldnā€™t find them on Google.

Also did yā€™all hear that dubstudio is coming back? Thought henry would eventually start cutting en masse again but didnā€™t think itā€™d be so quick

2 Likes

yay, reopened 30th May apparently

1 BigUp
2 Likes