Gear Lust Part 7

cable itself maybe

you can get a phenomenon called cable capicitance if you have long cables coiled up which can produce a humā€¦other obvious cause could be your decks not grounded properly on the mixer

1 BigUp

you got everything connected to the speakers on the same ground (ie outlet)?

i had one that wouldnt go away no matter what i did too, finally said fuck and just used an old transformer to run everything off of

1 BigUp

Yeah if the speakers and mixer are on the same group, itā€™s not ground hum.

What do you by transformer?

Walls are bare yo. Whereā€™s your Farrah Fawcett poster? :badteeth:

New Machinedrum is waiting for me at home : )

Iā€™ve got Overbridge VST running on FL Studio 11.x on Windows 7 Pro. 5/6 channels of live audio. No latency I can here. Havenā€™t tried recording from the Overbridge VST and my MOTU at the same time yet, but Iā€™m excited and donā€™t think itā€™ll be an issue.

I also got FL Studio to recognize the A4 as an audio interface just fine. I got ASIO4ALL to recognize the MOTU and A4 simultaneously, but I couldnā€™t get audio from the A4 channels and only got it to recognize two channels.

My girlfriend asked me why I spent 25 dollars on a sixteen foot long USB cable lolā€¦"'audio nerd stuff!"

It is pretty great I can sit down at my computer and load up four voices of the Analog 4 right in my DAW if I feel like working ITB.

1 BigUp

this

1 BigUp

Just when I once again convinced myself I didnā€™t want a modularā€¦

rossum back doing the work he SLAYS at :slightly_smiling:

1 BigUp
2 Likes

ive got the keeanu filter too but i want a zardoz filter innit

1 BigUp

Finally time to dump the trusty old Mackie 24:8 in the bin and get a new mixer. The 24:8 has been suffering with crackling pots/switches, dodgy faders, etc for years. Been using Caig Deoxit D5 to try and keep it usable but now most of the groups and the stereo bus are fucked and a repairing it will cost more than itā€™s worth.

Most of the stuff I do is in my DAW with software, but occasionally we get the guitars, mics and drums going so still need some channels, so am going to go with a Mackie Profx16v2 and rack it with the rack kit you can buy for itā€¦anyone else had experiences with this mixer or the profx series?

http://mackie.com/products/profxv2-series

going to expand the thread to general item thirst

lololol

also lol

1 BigUp

I was thinking, whatā€™s a way to record from ableton while the track is being made? Audacity doesnā€™t work while abletons open, otherwise that could have been recording the process. would i need something outboard?

I use an audio interface and a dj mixer. USB out of computer, channel 1-2 out goes
to line in on mixer. Rec out of mixer goes to any available input on the interface.

Yeah thatā€™s simple, thanks. Iā€™ll probably grab a Focusrite and see what mixers are good for around 400

Edit: actually, this looks like 2-in-1 http://www.juno.co.uk/products/allen-heath-zedi8-compact-hybrid-mixer-with/593638-01/

http://www.voxengo.com/product/recorder/

1 BigUp

broo that saved me a fair bit of money, cheers

1 BigUp