Gear Lust Part 7

Lusting for this stand.

Perfection.

What stands are you all using or would you recommend?

Been playing with one for the last few months, find it a bit hard to ā€œget aroundā€ but it sounds really nice when you find a sweet spot :):slight_smile:

Yes, yes! For the love of vinyl.

@butter_man

How is the Digitakt?

i used this ikea shoe rack for my CDJs before :badteeth:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/small-storage-organisers/racks-stands/lustifik-hat-shoe-rack-silver-colour-black-art-60152665/

Not sure if youā€™re familiar with him but Thavius Beck (does p cool stuff anyway, worth following on SC) has been posting up his Digitakt jams lately and they sound really good. Really like the 6-4 one.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks! Iā€™ll check him out.

Octatrack Mk2 !!

2 Likes

Goddammit now Iā€™m gonna have to start robbing tourists to buy one :angry:

@kruptah - this looks nice. Nice and pricy.

2 Likes

awesome!

loads of time spent with it so far and still not making a dent in what I can get out of it.

will go more in depth and post some examples of what ive been doing soon!

1 BigUp

Nice one!

I think that Iā€™m going to go for it soon. I might just put it on pre-order from Sweetwater. Theyā€™ve been getting some in from Elektron but are going directly to the people that ordered one already.

1 BigUp

Such a fun lil jam set up

The microkorg is the best worst sounding synth Iā€™ve used yet hehe

4 Likes

Iā€™ve really been enjoying mine. Great, very immediate instrument. Super deep sound design environment when you start resampling. There are a few bugs but they are getting squashed fast.
Sampling and assigning stuff is super quick. The control all functionality they have brought back from the MachineDrum is my favorite performance scheme ( hold a button and tweak shit, it applies an offset to all the other tracks. When you get somewhere weird/cool sit on it and mute shit for a breakdown then reload the pattern on a downbeat to get back to the saved state).
When you load single cycle waveforms into the sample list, the whole thing becomes a wavetable synth monster. Resample a couple of times with filters, layering and detuning and you have a very powerful synth.
It sounds great and has a fun and very immediate vibe to it. Overbridge isnā€™t working yet, but when it is, people who need that sort of thing will be very happy with that integration.
Iā€™ve got three tracks on my SoundCloud of single pattern jams Iā€™ve done over the last week or so. Even single patterns have an absurd amount of mileage you can squeeze out of them with the incredibly sophisticated sequencer. Check em out at www.SoundCloud.com/knobgoblin

The names are pretty on the nose so you wonā€™t miss themšŸ˜

4 Likes

Get it!

1 BigUp

Should I outright buy a laptop stand and a decksaver dustcover to replace the technics one I broke the other week today or start layaway on a pioneer 2000N2?

@cyclopian @knobgoblin

Gentlemen, I think weā€™ve found how to port our jams into a live show:

Step 4 indeedā€¦ :cornlol:

2 Likes

ya boy is makin bad decisions over here

4 Likes

jeezus

1 BigUp

still the highest bidder on these, jah help me

it looks like a robot knights helmet

black night from monty python

get