Gear Lust Part 7

ahem

playmobil lol

just came here to repost that :grin:

2 Likes

The video in that (just got around to watching after being prompted by an email from Reverb) is p interesting, esp using a cassette tracker as an instrumentā€¦

1 BigUp

Iā€™m curious about the new Ableton Live 10 coming out at the beginning of 2018.

Iā€™ve already decided that Iā€™m going to get the Arturia MiniLab MKII midi controller. Iā€™ve been using my little Akai LPK when producing on my laptop. I have the Arturia V Collection already and this should pair up nicely with that software. I just got an email from Arturia today announcing that they have a limited edition black version.

I got an email today from Sweetwater saying that they finally have the Elektron Digitakt in stock.

So tempted.

@butter_man how have you been getting on with yours?

prob the best thing Iā€™ve heard from a 404 and its unplugged :badteeth:

i use mine inside its box as a table

its brilliant. fun to use, can get crazy flow+djā€™ish about production. loads of opps to fuck about and create madness. my only beef is still waiting for overbridge butā€¦ well worth it

1 BigUp

:confused_og:

Riddle me this:

Why is it that pretty much everywhere else RME is ranked as one of the best entry-level audio interfaces you can buy - preā€™s, drivers, etc. - and yet the Babyface has such shitty Amazon ratings? Competitors trying to slag, orā€¦ ?

EDIT: same thing with the UAD Apollo :lol_og:

FFS. Buying an interface is harder than raising a child almost.

I see only two 1-star reviews

ā€œHad a lot of problems, including too much noise level. RME tech support was not responsive or helpful. Besides, I was not a fan of the interface design, so I returned it to Amazon and replaced it with amazing Roland UA-S10 Super UA which I love.ā€

ā€œThe item received, first of all, wasnā€™t even a pro. It was a 2 year old previous model.
So it was used, damaged, with screws loose, and no cables to attach it. Returned immediately.ā€

Looks like faulty products

you thinking about going light pipe?

Get a 2nd hand Fireface UC or 400 man. Just yesterday I saw a 400 going for ā‚¬450.
They are worth it.

Anyone tried the Roland se 02?

Not sure: if it were between USB2 and LP then it would tip towards the latter, but USB3 would make me reconsider. Still thinking about the Audient + channel strip approach too.

pic.twitter.com/Kv9oE18kKr

ā€” Old Grande (@6rande) 12. november 2017
is this not pretty much how a new synth makes a person feel ?

bring this on stage

You should all be heating on wood haha, at least thatā€™s the way itā€™s done in the Balkans. Just did two days of chopping wood and stuff, found a nice piece of wood and Iā€™m gonna sample it hahaā€¦

1 BigUp

The Arturia MiniLab MKII arrived on Friday. Iā€™m liking it so far. I laid down a drum track with the pads. The keys feel nice. Arturia has been building some good hardware these last couple of years.

Just found this and I really want it.

PreSonus FaderPort 8

It sucks becuase as I have just gone back to Uni all of my hardware is currently in my parents attic. :disappointed_relieved: I donā€™t even have room for my midi stuff here. All I have is my monitors. I might just be able to fit this though.

There seems to be some people who know some stuff around here soā€¦What do you guys think about it?