Gear Lust Part 7

omg, seeing that mixer gives me some ptsd flashbacks of showing up to one of my first club gigs ever and using that mixer. Was not a good set for me haha

finally found a good deal on a Mutable Instruments Clouds, excited to get this in the rack

1 BigUp

oh man

1 BigUp

holy fuck, this dute’s studio tho lol

Haha so nice. Maybe you know this, but that’s not Albert’s studio. It’s like this project studio that’s designed for people to experiment with elektro acoustic music. Sound design and composition students pass through there a lot. They have a whole other room with musical synthesizer equipment too. Fact kind of presented this as the guy’s modular, but it’s kind of like the Radiophonic Workshop without all the tape machines.

1 BigUp

AH cool thanks for letting me know. Makes sense. That’s an awesome set up. I was surprised to see those tascam mixers in there as well.

Yeah man. Amazing studio. He is really lucky to do this residency there.
I’d be interested to see some videos of the other room too.

Man, a little rig with a PO-32 and PO-33 and maybe some fx sounds like a dope miniature hardware setup…

1 BigUp

Get yourself one of these, dude. You need it to be all battery powered.

1 BigUp

This arrived last Monday and I’ve been messin’ around.

Already started two new tunes with it.

It does sound really good. I have not had a monophonic synth with three oscillators before.

It is a nice deal for $300 bucks.

I have a Moog Slim Phatty that I want to test some sounds against. I sort of feel that the Moog has some richer harmonics going on but I’m not sure.

Nonetheless, the Boog is sounding great.

4 Likes

Enjoying my boog also…really hard to beat the price.

1 BigUp

not sure if gear lust or gaming thread

http://www.playmux.com/

1 BigUp

Oh man, I just bought a Zoom MS-70CDR. I’ve been wanting a multi effects pedal for my synths but didn’t really want to pay hundreds for an Eventide or a Strymon. These were sounding too good!

I have an old Zoom effects module that was my secret weapon for years so I believe in these guys.

1 BigUp

maaaan alive, i’d hide my ipod in here and have the dopest live rig
vrtualcowbutt

2 Likes

Have always wanted.

1 BigUp