Gear Lust Part 7

Got these and they are so nice, def heavy as fuk. Reaches those lower frequencies nicely considering

Speaker buds… hoch funf! How long have you had them for? The low end is great, the guy who sold them to me was right when he said I wouldn’t need the sub.

I’m blown away by these… not literally yet as I can’t play them loud right now, but the clarity
is amazing. I’ve put off buying proper monitors for far too long, but I’m glad I got some good ones
now.

According to this thread since Feb last year.

Just reading through it i was talking about getting some Rokits then was convinced not to and around post 25 to 30 i found them online and bought them. I think @swerver reccomended Genelecs.
Got them purely based on them lower freqs so i don’t need a sub!

You can always get a Genelec sub too if you need lower freqs :astonished: my foot/mac pro in there for scale…

Someone else pulled the trigger on the sub before I could, but I think I’m good like this. Lumidee sounds pretty heavy already. Got a small 2.1 setup next to the Genelecs, in case I want some bad but loud sub. I could have gotten the sub and the two 8240’s for €900 though.

Are you buying stuff at Bax shop and having it shipped to the UK? I’ve got a box with cables and small bits on the way now.

Nah i got my 8040A genelecs free from my old work, they were broken internally but had them repaired by an authorised genelec repair centre, so they’re good as new now. That sub isn’t mine, it’s from one of the 5.1 theatres in my new work place, if I used that sub at home on my setup I’d probably get evicted lol, I’ve had to set the bass to it’s lowest setting on my 8040As just to get the frequency response sounding right in the space they’re currently in, absolutely no need for a sub lol

Ah you got a good deal with that one!

I didn’t change the low end on the back. Only did the desktop adjustment (-6 @ 160hz, q is not specified). I have this dsp version though, so I guess I could try to find a GLM kit that’s still supported. Would be excellent if I can borrow it or something.

The repairs weren’t cheap, but still a lot cheaper than new ones tho lol

A 6th-century Lombard warrior buried in northern Italy appears to have worn a knife as a prosthetic weapon in place of his forearm, which had been amputated https://t.co/TUaR8059Qt pic.twitter.com/aW26FGLQHr

— Archaeology Magazine (@archaeologymag) 5. august 2018

:cowboy_hat_face:

Edit.