Gear Lust Part 7

it sounds amazing but then again the guy operating it must have some skills

Got my eye on one of these. Been using a Pioneer DJM-T1 for a good few years now, and while it is very solid in terms of build and features (in built Traktor DVS is handy af), I found out not too long ago the phono pre-amps are absolute dogshit after I plugged one of my decks directly into my amp and it added a whole new dimension to the sound. Hardly even use Traktor these days, pretty much exclusively mix on vinyl. Feel like the Ecler is perfect for my needs due to it being no-frills, all analogue

After that I’m gonna upgrade the sound with one of these badboys…

Oh my goodness I need one of these

2 Likes

I have that mixer

it’s really nice and the big knobs are awesome (hehe)
apparently they are fairly durable, servicing might be a bit tricky though as Ecler’s DJ division shut down. oh and the phono preamps are pretty loud

bring me brian wilsons zero% opacity mellotron

1 BigUp

drumsette1

they should make a drum machine like the walkman mellotron
for that tape compression drum sound comming straight out of the thing

1 BigUp

Oh nice, that’s good to hear. How do you find the wide band on the mid EQ?

Recently watched a couple vids on the xone 96 and I’m thinking of getting that instead, although it’s more than double the price. The dual filters has got me gassed

It’s actually really nice to mix with, but it’s different to other mixers for sure.

definitely makes me more annoyed when i have to play out on pioneer instead lol.

96 should be good i guess, never played on it though, in fact it’s been like 5 years since i touched a 62/92 lol, but my friend has a DB2 which is pretty nice

The demo sounds pretty cool.

1 BigUp

image Can’t decide on a Pioneer djm-250 or Allen & Heath xone:23.

Need something new and that is readily affordable (both are) to replace a rane ttm-57sl in disrepair.

This mixer with be used solely with my pioneer 2000nxs2 and I’m looking for the mixer that is the best decision.

So far I’ve gathered that the pioneer mixers are built like tanks whereas the xone not so much, but what the xone lacks in construction and durability sure out meets and surpasses the pioneer in sound quality.

Pioneer has magvel faders was that will out last the ones on the xone.

Any other information I should consider before making this purchase?

Why replace the Rane?

2 Likes

Well the eq pots nearly all have lost stable contact and the levels will be hit or miss depending how firmly the pot is secured through applying pressure as well the que fader needs replaced as only one channel is coming through at this time.

I’m tempted to take the faceplate off and see if I can accomplish any repairs without new pots or que fader, but two screws are stripped on the faceplate hindering my work.

Have flight case and could ship to a DJ Depot where they’ll charge $75 CDN diagnostic fee before anything else. Not to mention the cost to ship, that it nearly half the price of one of those new mixers I mentioned.

If money aint an issue then get this imo:

1 BigUp

Save some money up and buy something that isn’t in the ‘beginner’ market.

If money isn’t an issue…

woi pricey as fuk

I have a yellow TD-3 on pre-order. I wanted one with a smiley face.

I have never played on a 303.

If you are coming from a RANE I would be careful with Pioneer.
In my experience they sound “plasticy”, and distort too easily . . .
And I’v never heard anyone saying Pioneers are built well, rather the opposite
(but its been more than 10 years since I used a Pioneer . . .)

I would think A&H is more the same sound quality.
The new line of RANEs are insanely pricey, but sound amazing!

i did hear some complaints about the xone *3 line in terms of build quality tbh, but yeah agree that they sound quite a bit nicer than DJMs

Alpha Recording Systems imo.