Glassy/Weightless Grime

this tune is still the best nu eski beat tune ever imo

for the most part i’ve noticed very few people mention zomby in interviews as an influence, i don’t quite understand why, do people not know this stuff cos he was such a penis about releasing it or are people a bit self conscious that they probably can’t top it even though it came out time ago

i like this stuff a lot it just does seem very indebted to zomby

3 Likes

yeah, that new Acre / Filter Dread plate is as close to a Zomby beat as you can get without being Zomby. (still a decent release)

I just wish more of these producers had some rhythm in their legs; would make for less boring releases.

yeah, i hope it doesn’t sound like i woke up wishing to shit all over my own thread today but yeah people’s drums are pretty shit in this scene, guess it’s been led by synths but dark0, mr mitch beats could be so rude with proper drums on rather than 1 kick every bar and a clap every 2 bars to be abstract and devils mixy

Mate listen to the first hr of that latest Boxed show i linked there’s power drums & mixing all over the place

2 Likes

i’ve had a go at linking together this sound that i’m feeling and drawing a thread between this stuff and some older dubstep/etc bits let me know thoughts x

Kahn and Neek remix of Play Your Corner coming out at the end of the year at Keysound.

1 BigUp

U wotttt where’d you find this out?

Large, heinous track

This guy makes some pretty good tunes

A lot of the DJ Oddz stuff too i reckon, all those melodies flying about

1 BigUp

At Wen and Parris’s first Rinse show just about a week ago, Parris said it right near the end.

1 BigUp

woiiiii

did hr of fwd, then worked 2hrs gobstopper nts show, then back for finn’s set at fwd again

some big tunes on that show, tarquin loom and iglew all bless af- some serious dubs from them (including a devils mix of darude-sanstorm with the acapella from dizzee-give u more over it, 2 jokes), finn murking it when i got back in to fwd too that iya tune ft faultz is fucking great

im pooped

loool

Can’t wait for Finn’s upcoming EP on Local Action. Also, Deadboy’s Black Magick EP is out too. Free MP3’s if you buy direct.
http://localactionrecords.co.uk/album/black-magick-locwhite006

In other news…
https://twitter.com/GobstopperRec/status/626694178936856576

:eyes: :eyes:

Judging on Mr. Mitch’s recent mix on BBC1, one of them might be a compilation 12".

zomby is too much of an obvious influence; you don’t wanna give the impression you’re some sadtrap fuccboi now do you?

mr mitch on radio 1, q peng, skip half hour in to get to his mix, incl new iglew-alpine ridge which is siick

https://soundcloud.com/grimeymedic/medic-northern-adventures

am i understanding this right, when he says rip next to murlo rhythm and gash remix does he mean ripped from radio/mix

what kinda fuccboi move is that

loool wack!, there was a guy down here doing “grime mixes” too, with soundcloud rips in( war dubs & specials )

New Dark0/Visionist tune on this weird Kenzo advert

1 BigUp