Glassy/Weightless Grime

I’m from Liverpool so my mates will poke little holes in u

rah dry trolling

bare old school threads if you’re interested in that

Is that you in your display picture?
If so do you really talk like that in real life. Lol

:nail_care:

1 BigUp

thx for this thread I like something I’m hearing but for example murlo is real disappointing. only trak of his I really enjoy is the mila J remix which is really cool

So whats your issue then?

No arguments or counter points, just chatting breeze.

Yeah Ive been to grime nights, its full of young people being young people.shock horror.

There are still nights like eskimo dance, treat them as separate entity’s.
You’ll lose less sleep over it.

Not a really fan of the “weightless” grime stuff to be fair, I like my grime to have, well… weight?

Big up for the post though

Yeah new Logos is decent

when people talk about weak tumblr grime this the exact thing that comes to mind.

honestly thought it was a parody when I first heard it.

Someone clean up this shit, threads a write off.

@jrkhnds shout on moleskin, love his stuff! Bootlegs are a bit meh, but most bootlegs are.

Spitting worked on this tune imo.

Still not convinced by Novelist. i thought sniper Ep was good but his mcing is a bit meh. like the square are ok but mainly cos grandmixxer is a fucking sick dj. but novelist just always seems to come through with the same bars hes had for the last couple years. whenever i hear a set it just gets tiring really quickly. hes definitely better than pretty much everyother new mc at the moment but thats not saying much

^vinyl only release on australian bandcamp, nah you’re alright

i honestly don’t get gobstopper putting this tune as the free download taster thing for mixmag, i like it so much i never felt like copping the rest of the ep…probably will get round to that at some point

2 Likes

Novelist is swag

:grin:Tropical Gun Finger Vibes Strictly Chill Yeaaah

:nail_care:

Big up RKM.

FentPlates, who have other relevant records, have one going in the UK on Discogs.

1 BigUp

Yeah I got Mokona - Untitled quite cheap, dunno where from now. One of my favourite grime tunes in recent years… instrumental is good but theres a lot of good instrumentals about atm… the vocal is just miles ahead of anything in recent years imo.

The Rapid vocal is legendary, even tho it was released last year on a limited run of 300, suprisingly it isn’t sold out everywhere.

yeah i noticed it doesn’t shift that much vinyl this music, like the plata kru one and harca+remixes sold bare slow despite being bangers and played by all the grime people, i usually buy shit on wax but haven’t been bothering and just copping all this stuff on digi, so many free dl’s and digi only stuff cba to try and mix it all off vinyl, not gonna lie that one passed me by completely till yesterday

as did this, wondered why i was enjoying it so much then realised it wasn’t mumdance on the buttons lol

i’d like to try mixing these styles with stuff like this

^thinking around 7.5 minutes in to that where it gets all jammy

need to get a cdj

4 Likes