Hi hats

What a great idea. Really wanna try it

1 BigUp

yeah its cool

goes with rides too if you have a really tonal crazy gabber kick or something (instead of a sub)

from 2.16 - there’s the hats getting ripped up - not the best example, except in how much they managed to cram in there

sorry is that like sidechain compressing them? or grouping and compressing?

grouping with sub, compressing to fuck, then equing/filtering out sub

k that sounds cool, do you need to duplicate your sub channel then, so you filter out the grouped one but still have your sub in the tune or am i missing something?

I look at sidechain as using another like… ghost carrier , so sure

but generally people mean the effect where you decide just which track will be ducked by another channel

there’s so much you can do with it though like this

but yeah

you could deffo do it that way

or just bounce the hats + sub and put that on a new ch and then eq/filter that new ch

I mean this is sort of about ceilings and floors

but if you use bypass and notch filtering similarly - you could be doing caves or ‘levels’ in this way too

But master hubb, an eq can take lower frequency out of the hats, letting them ride like icing on the cake, and being composed of enharmonic noise eq very well.

Compression or limiting on the channel, drum buss and/or master will also further move the hats throughout the song.

what a fucking brilliant idea, will definitely try this nice one

1 BigUp

My current thing is highpassing breaks.

what are you talking about noways ?

hi hats

1 BigUp

I’m still trying to figure out what you mean. So let’s say you have multiple different hi-hats (CH1, CH2, CH3, OH 1, OH 2 etc.), all going into one channel (let’s just name it BUS 1). Then you have your sub also going into BUS 1. Now you compress it, cut the low end and add a new clean sub afterwards?

yes but the same sub

(Quote) Let others join the conversation

This topic is clearly important to you – you’ve posted more than 20% of the replies here.

Are you sure you’re providing adequate time for other people to share their points of view, too? (end - QUOTE you titting html ting u)

LOOOOOL

I dont understand the relevance of your post here. Isn’t what you are saying a given to even do the bit Im talking about?

I quoted you saying hi hats take up a lot of space, then I replied saying that that is probably least true for high hats of all the commonly used sounds.

1 BigUp

aaaahhh yes but thats specifically not the case or true

unless we’re talking hats that have been hi passed, which could be the case with like drum machine hi hats or hi hats from a sample pack

Real hihats are known throughout recording history to contain weird freqs in almost another register than it’s main portion

its one of those ‘magically’ physical component things in recording and it makes sense when you think of how much vibration there is to it

moreso the case with genuine cymbally cymbals ofcourse

oh and not

‘a lot of space’

but has lower freqs than you would think

(we are not talking about looking at a few sample pack hats on a frequency reader but talking about the physical properties of a cymbal btw - because the role is the most important, not the quantity of how many pre-equed hats that are floating around if you know what im saying? in an ultimate role sense. … )

i dont want to sound like a prick btw

Too late for that. ^

:guardsman:

^ official troll guy.

Yeah, real hats have a tun of low energy, but that don’t mean nothing to 99.99% of the producers that don’t have some weird pathological fear of eq’s. That is why I further stated that hats are made up of enharmonic noise, so eq’ing them is particularly unproblematic.

Don’t want to be a dick. But if I gotta be one, I wanna be like a massive veiny one with a huge bell end.

1 BigUp