How to sound like ? thread

:hand: phase

Here you go :slight_smile: Forgot to add that I have an envelope with a quick decay controlling the pitch, just to get a transient that pops through a bit better, but it doesn’t make a world of difference :smile:

2 Likes

True. It’s just harder to quickly A/B that way.

It is lol

“chainsaw bass”

I just wanna make this bass so bad I been thinking about it for as long as I’ve produced

enter link description here
enter link description here

Noise thread is a good place to link this thread to, loads of interesting sounds Noise

first track on this: http://khalija.com/album/rave-synthesis-approximations-of-gy-rgy-ligetis-continuum-part-iv

ive made that bassline/grime type bassline by accident sometimes but forgot to save so now all I have is a shittier one

triangle wave and sine wave I think?

Its the sort of thing that everyone over does. Its like you say a combo of sines and or triangles with amp LFO with a little bit of pitch send to the same LFO. Each osc is set apart by a large number of semitones (or octaves). I usually just add an ocave up on each one

Shit though u were on about the STD bass lines synth

people are really churning out some good stuff atm on my sc

big up people

1 BigUp

how does zomby even do this

So smooth but its got all these nice sounding stutters, good layering of drum+synth sounds with whips/wobs/snaps in them? followed by some lazer precise edits? Gating? Dunno but i wanna know how this track was made in general i love it.

modern talking :scream:

Solid

how to make a chill dnb drum track? like the kick is isnt boomy but you’ll still feel the hit pretty much same with the snare.

Not sure if we both have the same definition for “chill” but anyways, how to not make chill DnB? No matter what, I think it always end up being too chill to my taste.

HOW TO SOUND LIKE SKRILLEX:

modern talking and sausage fattener

Nah mate, more like FM8 + automate few EQ knobs/Sugarbytes WOW + Ohmicide.

The build up synth from 2:25 till 2:40, Virtual Riot used something almost similar here, from 0:24 to 0:34

like i get the answer to this is 2 square waves detuned

but how has he got it so thick, fat and that rasp on it’s so clean too, saturation, filtering, adding in a saw wave?

sounds like it has a noise osc in it. Also sounds like more than two squares. but idk it does sound good