Introduce Yourself!

Welcome :adios:

hi everybody :wave: my name is meghan. I am new to the community. I am interested in making new friends :cowboy_hat_face: feel free to send me a message so we can get to know each other!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum meghan :adios:

Easy all!
I used to be a member of the first carnation of DSF but havenā€™t made much music again until recently and was wondering what was what these days over here.
Hope everyoneā€™s good and keeping safe :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey m8, your name definitely rings a bell from the old forum - I hope all is good. Things are pretty chill here these days, everyone mostly hangs in the snh. The chat is generally pretty low-level toilet humor but there is p good bantz.

1 BigUp

Hey hey, it has been a long time. Gosh, I think itā€™s been almost nine or ten years since I was an active member here. I donā€™t know if I will be an active member again. I just found a bunch of old stuff on my HDD, like chaddubā€™s incredible based-god rap song and gurnumsbugā€™s tunes he sent me, fmseaā€™s tunes he sent me, basic aā€™s tunes he sent me, etc etc etc. The time that I spent here was an incredible time and I value everything I learned from you guys. Just recalling the times when we would stay up late talking on AIM (I hope you arenā€™t still using AIM) and all the embarrassing BS I would say on here, since I was a naĆÆve little teenager making a fool of himself in front of a bunch of adults online lol. That was all special stuff for me. I got all sentimental when I found these things on my drive. If nothing else, I want yā€™all to know I remember you all fondly and thereā€™s no bitterness whatsoever. Maybe Iā€™ll stick around, idk. Iā€™m not much of a social guy, and havenā€™t been part of any forum for a long time. I should set this place as my homepage and see how much I can handle. ā€”jrisreal from the old forum

3 Likes

Welcome back :adios: like molzie said above just a couple of us left chatting in the snh and the occasional music related posts. Hope to catch you round :gunfinger:

1 BigUp

big ups to everyone from the previous iteration of DSF making their way back to the new forum. even though it may not be active anymore as before I hope you lot still have fun here :slight_smile: Iā€™ve been here since March 2013 and itā€™s been such a big constant in my life regardless if I wasnā€™t too active of a poster or I wasnā€™t butting in most conversations here.

1 BigUp

Welcome back!

i rememeber you from the old forum, i used to post as johney.
Itā€™s mostly SNH bantz these days with ocassional music and production talk :slight_smile:

1 BigUp

Hi guys,

Been lurking around a bit, long enough to finally decide to join.

Earlier this year, before COVID-19 put life on hold, I released an electronica/IDM-ish album on Bandcamp (digital + ltd edition vinyl). Iā€™ll post the link in the ā€œPost your musicā€ thread. Hopefully some of you may enjoy it.

Know that I have zero expectations of making money with that album, since itā€™s painfully evident that hardly anybody buys music anymoreā€¦ but Iā€™d like the music to be heard because itā€™s been a labor of love.

Thatā€™s about it. Thanks for reading. If youā€™re an Admin, thank you for keeping this community alive :slight_smile:

1 BigUp

Big up and welcome dude

1 BigUp

:gunfinger:

1 BigUp

Welcome back!

Hello! I am new to this site, but I am not new to Dubstep; been listening since early 2012, & I Love it.

Iā€™m excited to join a community of people with similar interests!

Hi all! I had an account on the old version of the forum (dubstepforum.com) but never made the jump to the new boards, until now. Iā€™ve been a DJ for around 15 years now, spanning many genres: IDM, electro, glitch, dubstep, house, and techno.

1 BigUp

Eyyo, Bassism Squad here - Tommy Lexxus, Jimi Handtrix, K2, Vilify, Upzet
(we were on the OG Dubstep Forum in the heyday)

Located in Berlin with residencies & label nights at Void Club & YAAM

We have a radio show this Wednesday on Sub FM

:metal: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Zitan from the old old forum. Been making beats for long time. Bless.

1 BigUp

Hi, Iā€™m a 23 year old blind guy from Belgium, who got in love with dubstep around 11 years or so, especially the old school and deep dark ones.:stuck_out_tongue::smile_cat:

2 Likes

welcome to the forum

1 BigUp

Legacy user here, was active as a teenager for about a decade uhh, about a decade ago, I made pretty okay music and a bunch of friends. .
I have been called many names, Iā€™ve been Kes-es, Krinj, and currently all my music is on soundcloud under Currow, and King Koma,(All of those can be searched on YT or SC but listen to the old stuff, please ;)) I have claimed at least two DSF Competitions, maybe more. I hope to do it again.

Iā€™m just here because I have a computer and a DAW after a lifetime without production and this place used to inspire the fuck out of me.
Hit me up if you remember me, This new GUI is taking some getting used to.

Thanks

5 Likes