Introduce Yourself!

HellO DSF!
Havent been on here for a loOONG time!

.spiro.

3 Likes

So many newcomers! I am happy to be here with you.

1 BigUp

Where ya hail from homie?

:hmm:

Hi everyone! Iā€™m from just outside Vancouver, Canada, Iā€™ve been making electronic music (dnb, dubstep, house/techno, and random things here and there) since late 2010 under different aliases, but itā€™s really been just a hobby for me for most of that time. Got into all that stuff since I was a teenager and Iā€™ve been a fan of the music for a long time but also fell out of posting on forums around then, so I never discovered this community until recently. Iā€™ve just finished a music production & audio engineering course and Iā€™m working on taking my music seriously, hopefully trying to get some released properly, and also just want to make some connections and learn, as well as keep up with new releases. :grin: Lately Iā€™ve been really into Mumdance, Pinch, Logos, Kahn & Neek, Commodo, Gantz, all that kind of dark, deep stuff thatā€™s sort of experimental and crossed between grime, dubstep and techno.

4 Likes

Welcome!

(shameless shilleryā€¦)

Check out this thread. You might like some stuff there.

https://community.dsf.ninja/t/moyai/5189/715

1 BigUp

welcome :adios:

2 Likes

Yooo thanks for the recommendation! Thatā€™s really dope itā€™ll take me a while to dig through that but Iā€™ve been getting into dudes like Rabit, SD Laika etc recently but itā€™s still kind of on the verge where sometimes I jive with it and sometimes I canā€™t really get into it cause itā€™s just so abstract. But I feel like itā€™s the type of sound where Iā€™m gonna be all about it once I ā€˜get itā€™ u know.

3 Likes

Big up! Some of that stuff was very challenging at first but once it clicks, itā€™s amazing. Be sure to check out timedance, hemlock, mistry and skull disco if you havenā€™t already. The first three are more techno, but heavily influenced by dubstep, garage, grime etc

2 Likes

Welcome dude. Weā€™ve got threads here for posting tunes. Looking forward to hearing some of your stuff

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome! I just did exactly that in the ā€œPost your musicā€ thread. Iā€™ll make sure to keep an eye out for the first three of those labels as well, Iā€™ve heard a fair bit from Skull Disco and all of it slaps

3 Likes

Hi ! I am into electronic music for 20 years now, started with techno and hardcore in Europe Free/Raves party, been a member of a little sound system for 5 years, and moved to Canada for work, where i discover bass music, keen on Deep dubstep (kryptic mind, Byome,ā€¦), I realised that i discovered it on the late :slight_smile: , then back to France after 7 years, and taking some time to learn how to produce music. So iā€™m here to learn and share, and also discover your music !

5 Likes

Hello DSF, hope all are doing well on here. Been making tunes of different types of genres since 2006. I tried to get on this forum years ago but there was something about not letting me confirm my email & I couldnā€™t contact anyone. Maybe new user sign up was closed or something at that time. Been making some Dubstep tunes. Came to learn & improve. Hopefully thatā€™s okay with everybody.

7 Likes

Welcome dude

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch! :smiley:

Ironically thereā€™s only like 5 people on here who still listen to dubstep, but welcome nonetheless :grouphug:

2 Likes

Ironically thereā€™s only like 5 people on here but welcome nonetheless

fixed

4 Likes

big ups

1 BigUp

Iā€™m not very squeamish about there not being many people on here or listening to dubstep. I could care less. I like what I like. So if 5 people is all I will interact with then you have to remember that 3 is a crowd but 5 is a party. Thanks for the welcome though, everybody! :grinning:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum !

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

I used to be on the original forum in 2008-2012ish. Itā€™s cool that itā€™s still around!

I created an account to ask a very specific question for an article Iā€™m writing. Hopefully there are some old heads with some good insight that can help me out (or someone thatā€™s just better at searching the archive). Iā€™ll post it to the general discussion soon.

Even if my search doesnā€™t pan out, itā€™s good to say hi and look around!

1 BigUp