Most popular electronic forum is?

Is DOA still prevalent?

itā€™s a lot more active than DSF i would say

Yea, DOA is still activeā€¦but holy shit I canā€™t even take itā€¦so many people there are so far up their own asses its awfulā€¦at least here people seem to have a sense of humor about thingsā€¦

I havenā€™t even lurked there for a minute though, so maybe it is better these daysā€¦

you need to get in the right threads, on the grid they get quite pissy but music and off topic they are a right laugh

Whatā€™s wrong with that?
I am always searching/listening to new and old music.
There is so much amazing music from the last 60 years to discover.
It should be an enjoyable experience not a chore.

1 BigUp

What is DOA please ?

dogs on acid, a drum and bass forum

1 BigUp

Thanks a lot dear !! :blush:

LoL okay. My englis is very bad im very sorry sometimes i dong get the subtle levels unfortunatelyā€¦
But its interesting, why Pitchfork was a joke ? Tell me clearly what you think about it.

Thanks m8 :slightly_smiling:

Perfectly right it is a real pleasure, if you have plenty of time and dont mind missing and discovering music 10 years after its releasedā€¦

discogs is a really good source

youtube subscriptions
0AntN
030esar0303
BAD BOY
Battletrain tokyo
BLACK KRAY AKA SICKBOYRARI
DEEP MEDi
Denzel Curry
Dronemf S.
ekman0
Fuccyootoo
Guga Brodzeli
Harshnoise Channel
houzbizness303
hyperdubrecords
IlianTape
Inertia
itsREZZETT
KillekillBerlin
Lā€™Ombre Fuyante
LuckyMe Records
Machin3gir1
michael daniel
mickooyy
Miguel Angel Olondriz
Mord Records
MUNEY JORDAN
MusicIsLoveRecords
Noka
R&S Records
Rubi 惄
SPRKTHADUST
TabernacleRecords
the29nov films [chamber]
the29nov films [encore]
the29nov films [pandemonium]
tritch
undergroundhouse
Wellesz Opus
YOUbandikutya
Zyklon Coven

foreign language wikipedia
www.rateyourmusic.com
american public radio

this is how I encounter new music

1 BigUp

Spengs have been outsourcing their taste for yonks.

1 BigUp

Iā€™ll have to check that one

Thatā€™s where your thinking goes wrong in my opinion. Music is a very subjective matter; one manā€™s trash is another manā€™s gold. Thereā€™s no elected instance judging every release and summing up whatā€™s essential.

I discover most music through friendsā€™ recommendations, spending hours on Discogs listening through artist and label catalogues, finding the odd gem on residentadvisor, picking up on new stuff through DSF, listening to mixtapes and podcasts during my daily commute, digging in record shops (both real shops and online stores)ā€¦

Tbh Iā€™d be interested in knowing @ultraspatial s routine, considering he seems to know a thing or two about every corner of recent music history.

1 BigUp

wouldnā€™t say a have a routine of w/e
itā€™s mostly just discogs nowadays and w/e random shit i find
but my interests shift from month to month and thus end up with more music than i have time for lol

Discogs ? Interestingā€¦ As stupid as it sounds Why do you use it exactly please ? (we are agree we cannot listen to any music on discogs right ?)

^ you can youtube the record, sometimes there will even be videos for you in the bottom right

ok thanks. But why this site is so popular then if cant even always listen directly music on it please ?

because its the biggest music information database in the world?

you can find an artist, see all their releases, then look at which record labels put those out, look at labelā€™s discography, find new artists from that, repeat.

1 BigUp