Most popular electronic forum is?

Sorry guys, i will be ridiculous again but im still looking for a consensual magazine, a youtube channel or a forum or a blog where i can be up to date on music and electronic music… If anyone have not only a good joke to give me but a real answer im listening.

If you require a service which will spoon feed you the “agreed upon best music” Pitchfork will turn you into a half-breed neckbeard in no time flat.

2 Likes

The best way to be upto date on music is to go see djs you like and hear what they play.
Or if you live out in the sticks then just download podcasts/dj mixes and find tracks that way.

I don’t really do either of those anymore like i used to so I sometimes read Resident Advisor articles, listen to reccomendations on here.
Also look at the Red eye records monthly charts for vinyl releases.

Most people on here will prefer to find music them selves using various ways rather than getting spoonfed like Fragments said from a single source.
Fuck relying on some c unt updating his blog with reccomendations of what is “good” in music.

As for a serious answer, I still crate dig…except now I do it in my underwear with a beer on my iPad…mostly on Bandcamp. I still get a kick out of finding something on my own by listening to a bunch stuff for a few hours. Then I buy/donate, download, enjoy.

The other way I generally find new-to-me music is from random forum topics where people post examples of things. Discovered a lot of stuff from the 90s that I missed out on that way.

I don’t generally like reviews. No one writes reviews of things they don’t like anymore, it is all praise. I’m not trying to promote negativity here. But honestly a negative review is as likely to send me off to listen to something as a positive one.

I got a gig writing reviews recently, but “they don’t publish reviews with any criticism”, so I bailed. (would have stayed if they paid)

2 Likes

the press has a bad influence on music. period.
so i think its fair to ask around on a forum… when you think about it
the being ‘fed’ bits is more societal or via the busyness side of things

we have some guys on here that fuck all that over … when they want to :gunfinger:

edit

didnt meant to reply to this specific post btw , just saying

1 BigUp

Pretty much this. I was involved in academic publishing and reviewing for a time and its the same thing. Leaves me feeling filthy even thinking about it. Ever seen those casting couch movies? Academia is basically that…and not always metaphorically…

1 BigUp

eughhh :badteeth:

1 BigUp

For full breed, go to pitchfork and the needle drop.

2 Likes

You can always buy anything on Tri Angle and be safe knowing it’s qualitaaaaay. :ok_hand:

thread title reads "most popular electronic forum"
and OP keeps pushing the question on us
Why do that instead of, as suggested, spend the time looking yourself
for what you now specify as “a (forum) where I can be up to date on …electronic music”?
Obviously you’ve decided it’s not here
so I’m tempted to advise Beta_Scram.
But we’re not rude like that any more
so I’ll just keep quiet & hope you realize your folly.
imho

i used to go to another music forum but im banned, it wasnt popular

3 Likes

Well i came here from DOA which does seem more active but then again they have been going for a lot longer
i like it here though, i got DSF for dubstep and DOA for DnB so i couldn’t really ask for more

Yeah pitchfork i though about it but do they feed you with whats essential in electronic music really ? Will dig this anyway thanks

Yeah thats the problem, theres no more any dj i like man i can follow…

I dont even understand how you do to put a post under a quote here btw…

Yeah resident advisor, another ideai too. Whats the best between pitchfork and resident advisor ? I mean who are the real music connoisseur ?

yea finding music yourself is of course the best way, but it takes hours, days, weeks … an entire life…

Honestly the Pitchfork thing was kind of a joke…thought the half-breed neckbeard bit would make that clear enough…

This is how

1 BigUp

No sorry nuSD5 i dont judge this forum at all.
To be honest i dont read it, i dont read any forum btw but id like to have forum which are like the gravity point of music like EAf could be for electronic music a century ago…
but i think maybe this forum is the new center i dont disagree at all, im just asking questions no more relax.