Mμtant Dancehall

This is some good shit

2 Likes

Yeeeeeah! Been on this shit for a little while now (since Mr. Mitch TDH1) but happy to see the thread bubble up to the top again.

The Equiknoxxx stuff is sooo good. Can’t recommend enough.

EDIT: this subthread too:

3 Likes

Yeah i have both of those now thing compilations in my wantlist lol

Few more bits

5 Likes

I think a mutant dancehall production comp is in order…

7 Likes

:shabbba:

Shabba approves.

1 BigUp

Might make a comp calendar coz I got a few ideas I wanna run, and also ppl can prep in advance…

3 Likes

Mutant Dancehall is pencilled in

2 Likes

Linkscraper on this thread.

:gunfinger:

1 BigUp

Dunno if you were serious but here ya go

Link scraper is included, just need to pip install selenium (and change the target web address if you want to scrape a different thread)

Edit: changed format to html

1 BigUp

DSF

=

🄲ⓗ🄰ⓣ ▄▄█▀▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀ 𝙂𝙋𝙏.

2 Likes

my go-to every time:

such a fucking wicked plate

“the roaring sound of the volcano, seen”
:wwf:

4 Likes

Kalbata is pretty much one of the sickest producers to ever grace the planet, has been such an inspiration to me over the years.

Guy can somehow pull off fully spiritual bangers, long form techno, world music, dub, and tough as nails gritt as well

^this used to be a secret weapon for me

Ninja we ninja…
ugh, that snare is so fucking icey, at first glance seems to be a bit of a generic wobbler, but its absolutely not, actually a masterclass in production

I kind of think his ubiquity can maybe throw people off on just how fucking insanely good he is since he pops up all over the place in so many different genres. He’s prob honestly one of the best producers on the planet. Everything he touches is mixed so impeccably and just works for its intended purpose regardless of genre etc. Its pretty shocking. And his tunes are rude every fucking time.

5 Likes

WTF

2 Likes

ughhhhh

2 Likes

ngl i’d never heard of Kalbata, amazing stuff, on a discogs mission now lol

edit: i do actually have some of his releases already tho lol, just never registered the name i guess

1 BigUp

Make that a thread title somewhere plz!!

1 BigUp

100 big ups for posting these.
IN a rabbit hole now.

ya, check out his label too, Fortuna Records <3

1 BigUp

yeah, its sort of strange, he’s been in the shadows but when you actually notice, he’s been a big player in what we enjoy

his soul jazz record with clapper priest was an early record purchase for me, set my respect in stone even if i didn’t understand it at the time

2 Likes