šŸ„³šŸ…‚šŸ„µ Official ā€œTalking ā€˜Bout Production Contestsā€ Thread

Which, the ice skating one?

Otherwise I could throw something together. All good either way.

Yeah thatā€™s the one. I was gonna wait til weekend but I guess it can go up whenever ā€¦

DOO EET!

:twothumbsup:

Aight Iā€™ll probs set it up tomorrow.

2 Likes

Was about to say I have the .wav rip already but if you wanna package it up proper and ting thatā€™s cool too.

2 Likes

Nah is cool man, if youā€™ve got it ready to go then do it! Donā€™t wait for me.

1 BigUp

We wanna do a one-sample comp or throw some other sounds in?

1 BigUp
  • One-Sample comp (with Nat. Geo. ice-skating video sounds)
  • Multi-pack with ice-skating sounds plus a small handful of other randos

0 voters

2 Likes

One sample

1 BigUp

Yeah the more limited the more fun imo

one sample would be funā€¦ can we make sure the initial sample is HQ though ? using that ice-skating sound is alright but does it mean weā€™ll be using a youtube rip ?

Yeah, itā€™ll be a YT rip unless someone finds a better version.

idk itā€™s just gonna be a bit of fun so thereā€™s not really a need to be too cereal would just be nice to have something HQ to start with, esp seeing as itā€™s gonna get cut n cut to pieces to try make a track only using that sound

Man I havenā€™t made a tune in forever. Iā€™m down

1 BigUp

Esp when a lot of us will be microsnipping single wave cycles and building from there.

2 hours.

The sonic monogamists are ahead by a lot.

Now if as many people as voted also participated = :fire:

PS: Canā€™t tell if the version hosted on the Nat Geo site is higher quality audio (at work, canā€™t be doing audio ting visibly). Can one of you tell if it is and if so rip it from here?

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/adventure/activities/winter-sports/skating-thin-black-ice-creates-sound-nordic-spd/

EDIT:

Alright, votes in.

Gonna wait a short while to see if anyone can answer the audio quality question above. I found the sourcefile for the video and ripped it to wav, file size was smaller so thinking not likely.

the video mp4 is 34 mb when downloaded from natgeo so i dont think its HD but whatever, get the ball rolling m8

yeah cmon ronzlo

:stuck_out_tongue:

Meh.

1 BigUp