Outlook Festival 2016

the food in the outlook site is so bad it should be illegal

yeah, the year i went, there was a stand that just said “mexico food” on it, the burrito was just some chicken and hot sauce in a pita wrap.

if you mean the one that was on saturday night around 8, was quite nice, live set with his band, we missed most of the last half tho, to have time to head to the apartmandem for dinner and be back on the site for kaiju b2b sparrow, which in retrospect was a poor choice as their set wasn’t all that tbh

Haha yeh the food there is P awful, i would recommend a bus or taxi into town for some Peng cheap food.

truhed story, when i was there in 13, was waiting behind loefah+his crew at a fish n chips stand, they ordered so many orders that the stand had to close temporarily just as we got up to order. Fuck loefh

(this isnt a joke btw, we’d just got off a boat party and were hungry af)

Think The Moat was NCA- Noise Control Audio : http://www.noisecontrolaudio.com/
They tend to do it most years
it did sound like they’d blown a few sub drivers by Sunday evening

Thx, I really liked the sound there. I tend to favour clarity over power and it was the case in The Moat imo.

uh oh, I’m losing truehead points for not recognizing this one :embarassed:

Didn’t know u lot went - full review income

yeah the moat is sooooo sick

such a cool venue but that size is so awkward, you gotta just be rolling with a strong spirit mixer cos there’s no way you can guarantee getting out to the bar and back in without being gone like an hour lol

and by the time you get near the front and u need a piss…i ended up just having one against the wall …

keep having little emotional flashbacks of DRS live on the beach with the full band on the Sunday :cry:

Lies.

Beach the mexican is alright. Main area theres a burger place that do proper burgers with brioche buns… they were fucking heaven. Me and my mate were going round Pula dying for a proper burger place and couldn’t find anything… some of the stuff we found looked less appealing than mc donalds… then stumbled across this burger place inside the festival. Do chips with little bits of sausage sprinkled on too, peng.

One of the highlights of the festival no lie.

The crowd difference between Outlook and Dimensions is staggering. Saw a couple with a pram and a baby at like 2am outside the Moat at Outlook. No fucks given.

i think the tune i’m on about comes in at about 09:30 in this mix: Mixcloud

(that or it was a very similar tune, very syncopated with foley sounding percs)

does anyone have an ID pretty plz?

edit: nevermind found ID’s for both:

Hatcha vs Abstrakt Sonance - Going In (VIP)
Caspa - Get Higher (it’s 2016, finally found a Caspa tune i dig)

1 BigUp

They have some wonky looking burgers but they are amazing, ask @Riddles!

Didn’t go this year but last year they had a shark ‘n’ chips place which was LENG!!

In 2010 all you could get was burgers, chips and the saltiest pastries imaginable from the on site bakery so they’ve come on leaps and bounds!!

i went in like 2013 and 2014 and remember there only being the same burger places, that all sold the exact same thing which was way over salted chips and a burger that tasted like a flip flop that had a ladle full of mayo slapped on

there was one place that did pretty good pizza by the hotel thing (the food in the hotel looked aite but $$) but it was basically rotation between stodgy pizza and flip flop burgers for 5 days when i went and that is not a diet i recommend

should have eaten by the beach i guess, figured they were all the same though

We always stay in a villa in Stinjan but even there the options are pretty limited. One very expensive restaurant and a little corner store with a deli counter so we usually live off sandwiches and occasionally cook some frozen chicken/burgers.

If you get a taxi and venture out to Pula/Fazana there are some really nice restaurants which are super cheap. Fazana is especially nice and not too busy.

On a side note when did you book the villa?
I’m just wondering how early it needs to be done before the next year’s festival

I didn’t go this year but we normally aim to have it done by December. This is mainly because we like to stay in the same place and they have a great roof terraced apartment but it always goes quickly.

There are so many apartments in Stinjan now though, should be plenty of availability

I always think about getting one nearby but we neevr get organisned till june lol

Some of the places in Valbandon/Fazana/Stinjan have little restaurants on the premises of the aparments too now. Well handy if you can lock one. A few more started popping up as Outlook got more popular.

We got lucky with a proper decent restaurant next to our apartment this year- Steak Florentine, Pork Loin, Slow Roasted Beef Knuckle, Mussels, Proper Scampi, Massive Sea Bass. Proper decent meals to load up on before being out till 7am!
The evening punters coming just for the food didn’t appreciate us warming up for a night at the festival tho :frowning: