Outlook Festival 2016

Anyone catch Novelist at the clearing? Swear to god it should have been listed as Grandmixxer… Nov did nothing. I had to stand in a hench queue for cigarettes so was forced to listen to it. He was given 30 minutes which is a good opportunity on a stage like the clearing to showcase yourself.

I probably saw 15 minutes and he probably spat two bars… out of time too. It was mostly WHEN I SAY GENERIC, YOU SAY PHRASE. GENERIC! PHRASE! GENERIC! PHRASE! Oi wheel dat. or it was just grandmixxer wheel this… then he’d go to play it… NO STOP THE MUSIC LEMME JUST TALK TO THESE FOR A BIT and continue to talk shit like ‘make noise for bla bla outlook’ ‘whos having a good time outlook’ ‘make some noise if you like grime croatia’. At one point he spent about 3 minutes shouting fuck david cameron. I mean I agree, fuck that guy, but I wouldn’t waste a tenth of my set repeating it.

It was the worst thing I’d seen at Outlook. It was a true car crash in terms of MCing.

Grandmixxer is a sick DJ tho.

2 Likes

grandmixxer is a fantastic dj

:cornlol:

sounds like it was the same as on the boat

Right so Dimensions was pretty tight, Larry Heard was emotive and way better than I thought it would be. NTS at the Moat was disgusting, especially Shanti Celeste & Josey Rebelle (set of the weekend for me)

The Moat had got turned into some fearsome ket bass trap since last time, best stage of the festival. Talking to BJ the engineer over the 2 weeks gained some serious knowledge. Pearson Sounds Thursday opening set there was a lot. Kept trying to slink off from the 4x4 tunes when I was battered to find 140/jungle but glad I stayed for MCDE on Sunday. Loofah jungle set was surprisingly tight although my mate decided to bosh half my gram of K in Adam F - Metropolis = str8 welfare.

Outlook vibes were different, (mosh pit kruuuu hinside) - best sets were: Swindle at Beach/Void, Crackstevens, Commodo at Garden (before he hopped back in his interplanetary buggy back to Neptune), Nov, Riko & Killa P coming out for Boofy & Hi5, LEVELZ (chunky was on a mad one b4 hand), Tim falling asleep onstage to Teklife X Hyperdub,

Goth Trad needs to have a word with himself - horrible stuff on Saturday, Itinerant Priest did for my phone & membranes & that 30 mins of 160+ noisey stuff at the end separated out all the chaff.

Section were actually large on the last night too

Hopefully roll on some sort of blag for next year, met lots of fab people & old mates

1 BigUp