Overrated Dubstep Tunes

I’d say red eyes bass sound has more restraint to it than the other two

1 BigUp

Kahn - Dread
Kahn & Neek - Percy

Dread’s a classic imo, one of the most important tunes of this wave of dubstep too considering the amount of roots-influenced dubstep hype after it. Spry Sinister up there too with most ripped off/influenced tracks

3 Likes

Maybe being in the U.S. I have a different perspective on what’s popular or highly rated and what isn’t in dubstep. Here we still have Doctor P headlining gigs. Ugh.

Agreed on Dread. Remix is solid doe.
Commodo - Space Cash (mainly because of the existence of fuck mountain)
Cyrus - Manhattan Blues
Karma - How Ya Feel
Loefah - System
Skream & Loefah - 28g
Benga & Coki - Night
Ikonika - Please
Las - Tic

You what mert 28g?!

1 BigUp

I feel that one. I like Night ok, but damn if that tune didn’t get played and overplayed by everyone

1 BigUp

Are you trolling? Please, overrated? System, 28g, How Ya Feel, Night, Tic - all certified ninja weapons of the highest tier.

7 Likes

A tune can be great and still be overrated, overplayed. I’m not saying I agree with him though (I don’t entirely).

1 BigUp

Please remove yourself

My teeth are gonna get reduced to nubs reading this thread, I’m gone.

3 Likes

lol i swear there’s at least one person out there that will freak out if you say anything negative about a tune or artist around here… then sometimes they’ll turn around and talk about how they don’t even like dubstep…

i said they’re overrated, not bad.

Crucial difference.

Edit: Also remember that all of this is just IMO. You can have a different O. I don’t see how people can get so worked up by words on a screen about a tune they didn’t even make. If someone came in here and named my 10 favourite tunes it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest. I might disagree but I wouldn’t be like all outraged about it. This ain’t twitter. :cornlol:

I can offer justifications on each one if you’d like?

4 Likes

Dubstep is shit tbf

5 Likes

fukk u

Agreed.

Add Goblin & robotnik in there too.

2 Likes

Changes :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: never got the hype at all.

just play the distance remix imo

Haha Dr Goat Stare we’re just trying to have a chat bout it im not personally offended you dont like 28g.

Idk, maybe its from hearing them out but definitely of the ones you mentioned but Tic, Dread, Space Cash definitely had different reactions when they got dropped in a set as a dub, level higher/set apart from other tunes. Interesting how the context makes our readings v different, like i cant consider Tic overrated after seeing what it did to System/Corsica etc multiple times. Space Cash still mashes up a dance better than fuck mountain imo

actually word on dread, i always thought the intro is so hype then the bassline so repetitive and boring for the rest of the tune till you get those sick bwamp stabs on second drop but by then im sick of the tune, and when i was going to dubstep nights more it was guaranteed 3 outings