Production Thoughts

1 BigUp

Wouldn’t go that far as to call it extremely scummy. Like, you pay to have a professional artist listen to your track and get a video response with the feedback in return - compared to general feedback from some stranger on the internet (the artists are also are strangers yes, don’t get me wrong) who has no incentive to do so.

I.e the feedback on the weekly threads on the technoproduction subreddit are often “kick sounds muddy, hats are too loud” if you get feedback at all.

Thanks for sharing this one - kind of answered my own post and love the points he brought up.

1 BigUp

Expecting you get anything in return at all. There has been sooo many “artists” scamming people like this. I’m on Cyclo’s side here, really.

If you want me to link you up with some mixing/mastering people here in Oslo, that could be arranged. You need to feel like you’re “done” with the song though, to a reasonable level.

yeh this happened with me, some local producers had a $10 feedback service, I sent my EP over but had to do an in-person session, they trapped me and bummed for for 3 hours and took my money before letting me go, seriously be careful

5 Likes

you’re welcome mate i watched it a few days ago, i had the same problem and i want feedback all the time but after watching this it reasured me. glad it helped

1 BigUp

@Dubstep_Warrior runs a feedback service? :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

How you think I’m planning on paying you the tenners?

1 BigUp

https://x.com/nickfloats/status/1793134723662823591

5 Likes

The more tempting a content/VST/module/ etc… the less likely it’s right for someone like me. I notice that the elders in modular tend to keep a mysteriousness in effect for the potential of a greater production design.

Nice process vid - ignore the video image

2 Likes

Such a vibe

@Paralytik nvm im dumb

2 Likes

Send me the project file bro, I wanna hear it.

I’m doing a tune battle with ronzlo, so you’ll hear it on Monday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see a lot of CBD along with some E and hash, nice.

GIF image

4 Likes

There’s a lot of weed behind this song ngl

2 Likes

@Paralytik I’m still getting some clicking in my song on note/volume changes :confused: I thought it was just some bad wave forms, but I cleaned them up and its still having the exact same issue. Not sure if it’s just some dumb setting or something… I looked but didn’t see anything. I tried a release macro and stuff too and it didnt work.

Any ideas?

Attack and release enevelopes somewhere maybe, where the sample is “noisy” and the release dropoff isn’t as smooth as you think, especially if you have any compressors active in the mix.

1 BigUp

It completely depends on the system, but you could maybe do some volume automation in the envelope section of the editor? As I said, it completely depends on which system you’re working with, not all options are available for all systems. Furnace is an emulation software primarily, and those old chips didn’t have many settings you could adjust.

EDIT like there’s no volume control at all on the triangle channel on the NES chip (Ricoh 2A03), apart from turning it on or off. That’s just how the chip was designed.

Another reason for clicks is that you automate the volume suddenly from one level to another, if you want it smoother, you have to program some intermediate values inbetween the ones you have, basically. :man_shrugging:

I’m using the nintendo ds chip cuz it does sample emulation. It could just be the chip, yeah :confused: I’ll mess with the attack and release envelopes more. One of the samples that’s clicking the worst is the sub, which is just a sine wave, so the emulator might just not like sampling that or something.