Questions for Pinch - INTERVIEW NOW UP

what was the second to last grime tune you have played at Melkweg a couple of weeks ago?

Do you see the 140 scene re-emerging with the level of originality it once had or do you feel that as a tempo itā€™s had its day?

do you think halfstep beats have become a cliche and halted development in the genre

definitive bristol dubstep tune

favourite spot in bristol (personally the view from kingsdown directly above stokes croft is hard to beat)

1 BigUp

Questions for ā€œPinch, the promoterā€:
What are the ingredients to good night?
What does he expect from promoters? What steps did/does he take to ensure the artists heā€™s booked feel welcome and on form?

what would you call the music youā€™re making now? should It have a name at all?

Reiterate all the Deleted Scenes questions.

Recall him asking Skream before the night of 2001-2005 at xoyo if he was allowed to play some new bits hes been making in a similar style to the 2001-2005 stuff. Is he still making older style dubstep tunes and would he consider releasing any ā€˜throwbackā€™ type stuffā€¦ or is it all about moving forward?

Hi, I have only one question, I would like to listen or buy the track who produced Pinch at "Red Bull Music Academy Presents: A ā€˜Cosieā€™ Collaboration with Pinchā€™ā€™ from Bristol event. I was be there, but I do not know the track name. Thanks.

Well that whole evening was hype. Pinch was as insightful as ever, answered all but the last couple of questions (as I didnā€™t print em out in time). And gave me a BOATLOAD of stuff to give away on the forum. Iā€™ll get everything transcribed and pretty as soon as I can. Thanks everyone for the decent questions.

20 Likes

What is your favourite festival and why?
What do you think of Outlook Festival?

YOU CAN READ THE INTERVIEW HERE: DSF Interview with Pinch

HOLLA IF YOU CANā€™T VIEW OR REPLY, Iā€™M STILL MESSING AROUND WITH SETTINGS.

1 BigUp

You planning on doing more of these?

Yeah, Iā€™m just putting feelers out now. Trying for Kahn and Goth Trad right now.

EDIT: Woo. Kahn just gave the go. Him and Neek when they get back from Japan.

10 Likes

Sickkkkk