Recent UK Techno Fusions

this thread is amazing, really loving this sound atm. big ups

1 BigUp

I donā€™t rate techno too much, but a lot of recent ones have been spot on tbh, like the Alex Coulton & Hodge and Facta releases on Tempa. I always heard this stuff described as techno infused with ā€œUK soundsystem cultureā€ or something similar, So I guess Iā€™ll leave it at that.

1 BigUp

that phrase makes more sense if you describe spiral tribe than most things coming out nowadays lol

or say bandulu

yo did gramrcy show on nts yesterday, really good, bless guy good dj and nice selection, check it when it hits mixcloud

apologies if this is house these were highlights for me

1 BigUp

shit trivia, i thought he was french for some reasonā€¦ but the dude that turned up was actually someone iā€™ve seen out clubbing baaare in bristol without knowing he was a producer/dj

he always wore a beanie and looked insanely high

1 BigUp

Did you just check the techno thread and then posted the same track in the
UK techno fusions thread :mrgreen:

woops dont check the techno thread much soz

Well itā€™s dead because it is not in SNH anymore. Therefore I barely even check it.
Personally I donā€™t see why certain techno tracks deserve their own thread because
they are by UK producers. Or even because the tune has some connection to
typical UK genres.

I thought it was because some of you guys donā€™t listen to other types of techno, but
that evidently is not the case.

uhh

i struggle to distinguish between techno and house

so
i dont think im very good for this discussion

if you really just mean some of us, then yeah that is the case. i dunno if thatā€™s a rationale for having two threads. if anything i think this is a better rationale

i think that, if anything, this makes the most sense, this thread being for artists/tracks that have more of a bass influence or connection than other types of techno.

So I really pinned this thread down didnā€™t I?

Nah itā€™s just that to me, about half the tunes posted in this thread are simply techno
and the other half isnā€™t. I do get that itā€™s just a way of describing that broken / percussive
sound though.

anyone hitting the BH fwd next week

got fucking jury duty so canā€™t ffs

Yh Iā€™m pumped for it. Sucks you have to miss it, you can catch Beneath at Rye Wax on the 25th though, with the Blank Mind crew

At night!?
If not you should go imo. They only need you to be mildly competent while youā€™re there.

I think they put you up at a hotel and that donā€™t they, might actually stop you goin out

Oh shit. Didnā€™t know that lol.
Would they actually stop you though? Isnā€™t that kind of imprisonment? I understand if they judge the fuck out of you on your way back in, but thatā€™s a minor.

just looked it up and iā€™m talking bullshit. Come fwd RKM and tell us all about the trial

Simo Cell tonight. Should be good, barely heard anything from the guy yet.