Shackleton Appreciation

Who’s heard the album then. Probably a bit early to say, but it’s probably already one of the best albums his put out (I enjoyed the tunes of negation albums, but some of the tracks felt like they drifted off for a while so didn’t feel much incentive to come back to them apart from a few favourite tracks). Has a bit of a subdued sound, but the percussion & bass gives it a sense of forward momentum throughout & ofc a lot of intricate and deliberate sound design, big fan of it. Final Spasm is my favourite of the lot atm super sick stuff

1 BigUp

Not had chance to listen yet probably will do it today

2 Likes

Absolute genius

Scotch Rolex and Shackleton - Deliver The Soul (official video) - YouTube

1 BigUp

So who’s spotted this new collab album from Shackleton and Heather Leigh under the new pseudonym Flesh & The Dream :smirk:

Haven’t properly listened yet, had a quick flick through but gonna wait until I buy it, probably next week.

I used to always buy Shackleton’s releases on vinyl without fail, but can’t really justify paying £23 + P&P for a 7 track album anymore, so will just grab the download.

It does sound like a very interesting album though, and I’m excited to listen through in full.

https://boomkat.com/products/choose-mortality

2 Likes

V interesting, I think I dig it.
Only had a quick flick thru though.

1 BigUp

I’m on board, will give a skim through after work

1 BigUp

I’m listening back to ‘Departing Like Rivers’ just now and one thing I’m noticing is that it’s giving me Age of Empires II vibes at points. Which may not mean anything if you’re not 30+ :melting_face:

2 Likes

New Shackleton album

3 Likes

just stuck album on now but can’t remember where the fuck i bought it from, checked boomkat in hope but no luck

someone sort me mp3z please not been on here in fucking ages :rofl: