Shackleton Appreciation

This is my favourite cut so far

Gonna grab the 12" come pay day

2 Likes

really feeling this release!

Gutted to be missing Shackleton this weekend in London, but I need to save my money unfortunately. Anyone here going to it, or the Bristol date?

Just saw this too, new remix from Shackleton of a Pinch classic!

(Croydon House EP | Pinch)

1 BigUp

No previews tho :frowning_face:

1 BigUp

Yeah I’m going :cannon:

2 Likes

Change of plans, train strikes have completely fucked up my route and I have no way to get there without shelling out bare coin for an uber so it’ll be a quiet night in for me :((

Gutted bro :nogunfinger:

1 BigUp

It’s a small cap venue as well and nights there tend to get pretty full on so would’ve been a great place to see him play. What can you do I guess

1 BigUp

You could #grind and #hustle and never be broke again.

2 Likes

You’re right, why didn’t I think of that

I feel you. We had to miss the Commodo at Fabric night the other day coz it was way too expensive getting tix + extra accomodation + extra train tix + food/booze

1 BigUp

Yeah saw both of these way too late unfortunately :frowning:

Ahh nightmare weekend all round for dsf steppers. On the bright side I managed to catch azu tiwaline and Jurango on the Friday - Jurango was dropping some dubstep bits which was proper sending me west :cannon:

5 Likes

What does everyone make of the new Shackleton remix of Croydon House then?

Croydon House EP | Pinch (bandcamp.com)

Pinch - Croydon House (Shackleton Remix) [TEC116] - YouTube

3 Likes

Just had a quick listen, sounds pretty cool - always nice when he drops some “dancefloor” leaning stuff. Will need to give a couple more listens though, what’s your thoughts

I dig it. Earwormy melody, almost middle eastern vibes. Doesn’t seem to be much of a remix in the traditional sense. More like an entirely different /new track imo.

1 BigUp

Spotted on Zeke Clough’s Instagram!!!

Very, very excited to hear this. I love Scotch Rolex’s last album, so intrigued to hear how they collab.

EDIT: Just found this and it already sounds like the best thing Shackleton has done in ages.

2 Likes

Haven’t listened yet but immediately copped

1 BigUp

This is available to preorder now

1 BigUp

New project

• Shackleton , who already has a collaborative album with Scotch Rolex dropping at the end of March, has unveiled a new alias, The Purge of Tomorrow , which will officially debut with the release of a new record called The Other Side of Devastation . It’s due to arrive on May 5 via Modern Obscure Music, but opening track “Time Moving”—which clocks in at more than 14 minutes—is available now.

3 Likes