Shackleton Appreciation

be 20% more trill to listen to it on a yellow one in a jacuzzi still

Theyā€™re all mates arenā€™t they? Demdike Stare, Andy Stott, etc.

Big up the tote bag. Very dubstep.

1 BigUp

I mainly copped for the tote tbh.

DDS is a Boomkat inhouse labelā€¦ :wink:

ā€¦as is Modern Love, btw.

Not sure how people are getting worked up about the price. I mean consider that a 12" can easily be 8 quid these days. Then you have a 50 minute tape. Seen tapes go for a fiver and more loads before (also less from some black metal labels but still). That leaves a fiver for a tote bag. Now I couldnā€™t remotely give a fuck about the tote bag but surely thatā€™s not extortionate?

16 for the record (+++) I can understand, but 12Ā£ shipping to switzerland isnā€™t helping. idk if the pack counts as 4LPs or what.

thatā€™s crazy, it was ā€˜onlyā€™ Ā£9~ shipping for the DDS pack + another record to California

Sometimes I think that labels are trying to creatively piss the record buyers off -Ā£16 for the hype of an old shackleton dubplate that I would love to get but really can live without is utter toro caca

i think itā€™s a boomkat in-house label like p much anything modern love-related

as for general shackleton appreciation i wish r&s would release his remix of that also tune. itā€™s only on the cdr version of the album that came if you ordered the vinyl. i got the digiā€¦ they said itā€™s gonna get a digi release but ffs come on already itā€™s been a good couple of months

You have a link to a clip of this or anything? Not heard about this before!

EDIT: should probably google before posting, got a bit too excitedā€¦

Saw Shackleton live bout a month ago, Iā€™d just kill to know some of the tunes he was playing. Like, energetic tribal stuff unlike his releases where itā€™s more murky and plodding. Thought the Nisennenmondai remixes would be it but nope.

Anyone know how many copies were pressed of the Shackleton / Demdike Stare release?

dunno but you can still buy it on redeye:

Managed to bag a copy. Donā€™t worry, I aint planning on selling it on Discogs when I find out only 9 were pressed, just curious.

Oi this dubplate is hard dunno what you lot are on about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re4hnZ9-XCM :gem:

1 BigUp

came in yesterday, big plate. still need to give the tape a listen

Any SE London crew theyā€™ve got a fair few of these in Rye Wax

amazing release. Shackleton and demdike stare are the best :heart_eyes:

I think this new archive series should just be unreleased Shackleton dubsā€¦

Massacre Version from this mix is just unreal