Soundcloud 🎢

Bringing control back to the person/people who made the music. And more importantly, paying them for it.

Major labels/distribution companies must be sweating…

2 Likes

This would make me pay for the full service again for sure. I would worry about the quality of sound (a bit) but with that said there are some shockingly bad mixdowns on music readily available at the moment anyway.

Feel like the selections they’re matching me with lately are 80% gash.

Sad when Spotify picks waaaay better playlists atm.

what is the point of having an upload option for iOS when you can’t store audio files on your iphone? lol

probably you have to record straight to the app

2 Likes

This and the entire “feature set” of the Pulse app should have been part of the app years ago.
wonder when the android update will happen

You can store audio files on your phone - Audioshare is an accepted 3rd party intermediary that does a lot of things well and would work here - but the fact is that you used to be able to upload and all that shit before some genius at SC decided to limit and segment functionality.

They have no strategy.

anyone with SC premium tried that mastering option they offer now?

tried it on a couple of tracks and it sounds alright to me, at least i’d say it beats my shitty homemade mastering (aka putting a limiter on master) but i also really dont have the best ear for this kind of stuff

@cyclopian perhaps? iirc you have SC pro?

I always thought it’d be a kind of “use this preset to sound like this” sort of one size fits all approach?
I assume your track doesn’t get sent for an actual person at SC to master on the cheap?

yeah its def not actual mastering, just your track is ran through some preset on a “mastering” plugin

was just wondering if anyone else had try it and what they thought of it

1 BigUp

I guess it could be good for a quick BC pay what you want release. Id be interested to hear an A/B/C comparison. Mixed but unmastered/SC master/proper master

I just tried out A/Bing it on a few tunes, im not super impressed with the different presets. At least for my tunes it just seemed to add a shelf pushing the highs and a pretty soggy compressor on the lows. My tunes are horribly mixed though and full of noise and rumbles. Not quite the ideal situation.

fair enough, dont really have an ear for these kind of audiophile subtleties i reckon, i just make tunes and slap a brickwall limiter on the master once i’m done and it compared favorably to that method :lol_og:

1 BigUp

same here! I can barely even hear compression properly, but all i know is that the ‘mastering’ didn’t make the tune sound like i wanted it to

1 BigUp

Fuck soundcloud, putting fucking adverts in the middle of a mix. FUCK YOU CUNCE!

:wwf:

4 Likes

FFS. When did this nonsense start?

you should send them this

2 Likes

First noticed today, will have to go back to downloading mixes ffs

1 BigUp