Stuff that isn't Working/ Error thread

@4ndY looks like the images for users with the default ‘letter’ avatar pictures are broken at the moment.

Don’t know why that has happened. :frowning: Should be fixed now.

1 BigUp

Thanks m8

Dunno if this is an error or not, but my avatar suddenly changed to my google-profile pic. What gives?

Maybe a login cache issue. Log out, clear cache, log back in without logging into any google services first

If that doesn’t work: repeat process with a google logout early on as well (before opening DSF, perhaps in a whole different reboot session after.)

A few hours ago, a technical issue had appeared which brought the forum offline. The issue is now fixed during the unscheduled maintenance, and we are back online. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

I get this message on chrome on my phone when I try to go straight to the snh

If I switch to desktop mode it’s okay though, and then even if I switch it back to the phone browser?

I’ve been getting that one too randomly

It’s just stopped now thankfully!

Is it just me or have all youtube thumbnails gone all weird? Chopped like this:

Any idea @4ndY ? :onethumb:

Yep same

2 Likes

I’ll check.

2 Likes

Thanks for fixing it @4ndY :gunfinger:

2 Likes

What is going on with your cookies and authentication?

I used to stay logged in but now every time I open the site I have to re-login.

I’m bringing this up because it is an anomaly to how the site was working before.

Is this a new change?

Nothing here. Possible midstream handshake snafu?

Hmm, tested in Chrome now and it doesn’t log me out. I wonder if this is some Firefox issue.

Gosh, I have so many security plugins that it breaks the internet sometimes.

The issue turned out to be Ghostery. Once I turned it off it was working fine.

Ghostery never used to do this before on DSF.

1 BigUp

Tbh I trust ghostery slightly more than dsf, at least as far as emerging threats.

1 BigUp

Hi @4ndY twitter videos posted on here don’t currently play on andoid phones, works fine on pc, not sure about ios

I’ll check. Do you have an exemplary post with twitter video? :slight_smile: