Stuff That Should Be Improved

I don’t really go on the forum itself. When I check my email, I’ll see a post in a thread I posted in, and the link in the email will be to the next post after mine in the thread.

All forums I use have this functionality, and have had it for many many years.

If you read this thread, you’ll see several people asking for this functionality as it is standard.

I’m not aware of what you’re referring to, “my posts” but I’ll look for it.

“My Posts” is literally the exact same thing as that but there’s no emailing involved. Personally I think that would be a lot better for you unless you like receiving a fuckload of emails.

I can take a screenshot to show you where that is when I’m home, currently out on my phone rn

I don’t really come to the site unless I get an email, I don’t even know the sites address, lol. Never been to the home page. But just went, saw that my posts. I’ll pass on that interface. I like getting the email.

But I get what you’re saying, with discourse, you only get an email for every post made or only when someone is replying or quoting you.

And to everybody that was asking for it, the answer is NO! And not just NO!, but you didn’t even want it in the first place.

You guys are classic developers.

1 BigUp

Nowaysj, boarding yahoo groups style

Can peeps logging in through social media change their nicknames? Would be useful for me lol

That’s already here. Please read this > “Change username”.

1 BigUp

i cant change my username

it says “log in first”

then i re-log in

& then it says UNDER CONSTRUCTION

so i click “profile” & change it & then nothing happens, goes back to UNDER CONSTRUCTION

EDIT: nvm had to log out & log back in

The whole design of DSF is a total mess now, sorry to say it.

What was even wrong with phpbb? For what reason did you switch to this new style and in what way is it meant to be an improvement?

3 Likes

they were having a huge issue with spam and apparently this platform was a move forward.

I’m still feeling a huge disjoint with the flow of conversations. Can we please go back to having numbered pages?

3 Likes

Let me step in here for Pete, as I’ve gotten a feel for his leadership style:

NO!

1 BigUp

I think numbered pages would be a pretty good idea, especially with all the long running threads we tend to use.

has anyone already outright denied this idea? @nowaysj @Molzie

any other particular reason why the flow of convos feels disjointed? i do get that feeling a little bit, but i think it’s largely due to adjusting to the new look. discourse forced us all to finally change from good ol prosilver. it’s gonna take quite a bit of time for this skin to feel natural the way prosilver did, but i think we’ll manage :thumbsup:

No, it’ll never feel like that because it doesn’t offer any of the FUNCTIONALITY.

It is just a white anonymous empty space.

4 Likes

Yeah numbered pages please. Infinite scroll belongs on Tumblr, not on a forum.
Maybe phpbb was spammy but at least it was easy to navigate and inoffensive to the eye.
IMO this whole new layout/theme/design should just be scrapped. Start again, again.

edit: wow you even hijack ctrl-F…come on…if I’m pressing ctrl-F I’m clued up enough to know what I want it to do. If I want to use your internal search engine then I’ll find it…but I don’t, that’s why I’m using ctrl-F.

4 Likes

its kinda strange how a reply to something doesn’t really quote the message you’re replying too. I know there is a likkle reply arrow and what not, but im a bit old school. Also annoying, when I actually click the button to show the replies, then see them later in the thread.

Just a prt of the new system tho, I think we’ll have to change before it does haha. Which is fine, just a bit confusing to my luddite brain.

I can’t change my username for shit…whatever I change it to, it remains as 111.
Bear in mind I never set it to 111 to begin with either.

gg dsf

reason hard to follow convos is there is an invisible micron thick line between each post

need highlighted backgrounds switching between each post like dsf

also wouldnt hurt if could eliminate that blank white shit on the right side

you can still quote, separate from ‘replying’

highlight text from any post and a little “quote reply” thing will pop up, just click on that and you can quote.

1 BigUp

dickman figured this one out

again,

what functionality you talking about, the emails thing?

Thanks, still not working though. I think I’ll just make a new account, or just not bother using the forum.