Stuff That Should Be Improved

btw, please continue questioning the forum structure - I am also always wondering how to improve it

Yeah, I actually see what you mean.

for example, what do you think about other categories?
is it bad to have too many? why? now categories are more “lables” or “tags” than subforums (if your default forum view is Latest, instead of Categories)

I think they are most useful when browsing categories. eg looking for 130 stuff.

Yes! Nobody gets the category structure right on their first try. You should keep trying to improve it.

sectioning off the downer stuff…

If there are problem users, discuss it with the mods and/or start a Meta topic about it.

I know that it’s hard to confront these issues, but you’ll have to do it in order to not be torn apart by splinter factions within the forum. To put it another way - there shouldn’t be “cliques” within the forum, the whole forum should be one big “clique”.

You can use this if one particular person is being temporarily annoying to you in particular - e.g. @mentioning you, or their replies keep getting a rise out of you.

At the extreme, you can apply User CSS styles with a browser extension to hide their posts.

^ wtf do you have any idea how sect-ish that sounds?

did I sign up for a sect?

1 BigUp

Is it possible to edit the background of the page like switching styles on the old one? these mad as fuck colours are bit much

thanks but that’s not it. i meant like how it was on dsf where you could add people to your foes list you and it would hide their posts

Thats a good point! We ll try to add that option

"This topic is clearly important to you – you’ve posted more than 23% of the replies here.

Are you sure you’re providing adequate time for other people to share their points of view, too?"

youve earned the bright maroon badge!

6 Likes

btw how do i quote on mobile/why does the key to all the code disappear on mobile

also :sunglasses: should be B-)

id reply but im going to wait for other people to share their points of view. should be a couple of posts by tuesday.

Genuinely LOLed :cornlol:

has the daily post limit been changed? Cause I haven’t gotten that message in a while

I’d probably say clear sections, each subject and sub-topics to it’s own separated bar/header whatever you want to call it.

When you get a lot of threads on here it’s gonna be a big jumble of threads, will look a mess.

If you can’t find a topic you involve in regular, are you gonna bother coming back if you know it will be a mess/free for all

What? I’ve never experienced that

Hey guys. Just thought I’d let you know. I’ve had issues with this site hanging up and lagging on my smart phone. Its a moto g running lollipop. Its not unusable but its noticeably slower than any website I’ve ever been on.

@Samuel_L_Damnson, please visit this page to get a comparative results. If meta.discourse.org is slow too, then the problem is in Discourse itself, if not, something is wrong with our set-up. Tnx.

swnd ill have a look

Discourse works flawlessly on my smartphone.

Really enjoying the new board.