The 40 best Dubstep tracks as told by Fact

agreed.

I rate midnight request line over it tbh

Reading the list again in the cold light of day, I honestly don’t have a problem with anything on there.

Like if someone were to ask me “what’s dubstep?” and I gave them that list and told them to listen through, at no point would I think the genre was being misrepresented in anyway.

Have to tip my hat to FACT, they’ve done well here.

1 BigUp

I don’t think that it’s necessarily a bad list, just not as good as could be. Then again this is all subjective anyway

There will always be individual nuances to this sort of thing though, particularly when a fanbase is as so prone to pontification and naval-gazing as ‘tru heds’ seem to be.

[quote=“CreamLord, post:43, topic:3931”]Then again this is all subjective anyway
[/quote]

You & I (Router) > Memories imo. But yeah, the list is okay.

I was agreeing with you.

Fair

not a bad list, very much “I decided that dubstep finished in 2009” though.

1 BigUp

Definitely this, shame on them missing out on almost like 6 years of dubstep (excluding the pre 2005 years they also excluded)

"Let others join the conversation

This topic is clearly important to you – you’ve posted more than 20% of the replies here.

Are you sure you’re providing adequate time for other people to share their points of view, too?"

Fuck you, DSF, I’ll write what I fucking want.

6 Likes

Well they did say less of a movement which is true, the excitment had completely gone after 2009

Yeah, was swiftly replaced with embarrassment thereafter.

i disagree, Space Cash, Eyez, The Boxer, One Of Us, Dread, Haunted Harmonics, Loads of the system releases all came after 2009, and they’re just a few off the top of my head.

nothing embarrassing about it imo.

I was talking more about the fact that after 2009, answering the question “So what type of music are you into?” with “Dubstep” was a little bit peak.

I guess a bit, doesn’t stop good music being made.

anyways, it was either:
“what music do you like?” “dubstep.” "whats that?“
or
"what music do you like?” “dubstep.” “oh so like skrillex/doctor p/ fluxy pavlova?”

I’d hardly consider them worthy of inclusion on the above list though, though they are good tunes in their own right.

Same reason I wouldn’t expect anyone to push for LAS/Gantz/Commodo to appear, even though they have put out some bangers it’s all building on something that has already been to pass, rather than being groundbreaking in it’s own right?

1 BigUp

Yeah definitely, but the excitement about dubstep turned into an embarrassment about the seven letter d-word. Even now, that music is blatantly dubstep but who from that circle actually calls it that?

To some extent, i would argue that stuff like Gantz and stuff like Space Cash we’re pretty unique in dubstep.

I seriously have no problem with the list. I think 2009 is as far as it has to go. Lot of nice tracks been made since but they’re not dubstep. Or if they are they’re not essential.