The house thread

omg hi

2 Likes

Yeah, big fan of Pepe.

this kinda shittttt

eyo finally checking out mood hut

is there something iā€™m missing seems bland af jazzy smooth house

/is there a particular release iā€™ve not heard thatā€™s a real smasher?

I only have that Jack J record with Something on it.
Wouldnā€™t mind having House of Doors - The Dolphin Hotel Affair, but other than
thatā€¦ Iā€™m not sure either.

I know PSS has kind of a cult following, but the label isnā€™t that big right?
Seems like they do very limited pressings and I donā€™t hear a lot about them.

some of my favs

also youve probably heard thirstin but im still in awe at how good that mix sounds

1 BigUp

local act / very good buddy does vfx for this crew

man i love this one

Just because itā€™s nice and beautiful doesnā€™t mean itā€™s bad. A lot of the tunes have great atmosphere, are texturally rich and brilliantly produced (Thirstinā€™ being a case in point).

not the biggest fan but iā€™d gladly take mood hut over other styles that are (still) poppin atm

Been banging these ones

i like the flip to that 2nd one more

some tasteful bangers

Yeah, all the ā€œatmo outsider houseā€ thatā€™s seen way too much hype lately doesnā€™t do anything for me. Mall Grab 1080p Greg Beato-drums with pads is zzzzzzzzz

1 BigUp

yeah that is def the worst

kinda think that stuff is in its own bubble tho cause it doesnā€™t really go with anything else in a mix or w/e

isnā€™t this kinda true for most decent house records though? my favourite, new-ish records all have a fairly singular sound to them (thus probably rendering my selection a bit too eclectic).

^ atmo house done right imo

nah see those i can picture easily in a mix of different stuff. well the first 3 anyway, cause they donā€™t got synths and white noise and all sorts of samples going through the whole tune like youā€™d get with the stuff you mentioned earlier

the hats in that coni tune grate my ears tho lol

Iā€™m vibing off that Coni EP. never quite liked his previous output, but this record is surprisingly good imo.

Mood Hut has some great stuff out

also, the first cloudface EP is VERY good

1 BigUp

on another note, i just odoured the new bruce EP on idle hands.

iā€™m having an instant crush on this tune, what do yā€™all think?

1 BigUp

not a bad tune that. i like it more than his other releases, which imo were p meh