The most dissapointing/best performance you've seen

a lot of times when a DJ fails to deliver is probably because they’re underestimating their audience. for example many times when we get a dj play in somewhere in finland they’re usually not very exciting to someone who’s really really into that type of music cuz they usually draw for rinsed or even bait tunes to be safe

1 BigUp

o_0

DMZ10 @ outlook was a bit underwhelming in that regard

yes! big up them and dirtycash. the only way we really see artists come our way is with an oz detour, or a major festival. a lot of acts that hit oz don’t make the trip over the ditch now sadly, the demand doesn’t seem to be here. :frowning:

I know that a few times acts came there and not here.
Totally up to whether promoters came up with the dosh.

Talking of disappointing performances…
it was about the time that DMZ & the Bug came out
and Truth & Plastician played Sydney
both played stupidl bro so I walked up the road
and was only marginally more enamoured with Bug/Warrior Queen boring dub.

Latest release from Truth makes up for it somewhat.

did you guys see goth trad recently?

first time i saw him was absolutely great.

recently… half of it was very good. the other half…no comment.

honestly, the best performances i’ve seen in terms of beating expectations are no doubt joe nice, every time. it never gets old.

Seeing Mala solo was incredible. And honestly, J:Kenzo was reaaaaalllly good too, he played a bit of 2-step and shit iirc, was just a great selection overall.

the name was pissing me off

I went to Global Summer Massive 2015, at the Midland in KC, and Flux Pavilion performed one of the most inconsistent sets I have ever heard. If there was a vibe, he killed it. I think I specifically remember him dropping Get Low out of fucking nowhere.

there’s your problem.

2 Likes

Fell asleep during Truth’s set 4 or 5 years ago at DMZ. I know of at least 2 other people who did tge same. The more recent appearance at DMZ was slightly better, at least I managed to stay awake this time.

1 BigUp

anyone from RAP tbh

most disappointing was the last night at this great club, Terrence Dixon played but I hated it b/c it was all live & therefore boring as shit unless u were off your brain on pills

also there was a shooting in the club across the street that night & i got pulled over lol

best i saw was probably kode9 funny enough @ that same club, he played till 5 & crossed like 5 genres while also playing 30 uninterrupted mins of just burial stuff

1 BigUp

Most disappointing for me was wiley at born & Bread Festival this year he was the headliner but turned up late and only did like a ten minute set of hes pop singles then walked off.

lol my m8 passed out @ Yunx at this Outlook this year, in the front row too i think

Dirty Sanchez, they where well shit.

Dirty c**ts.

best …
Pinch 2009, 2014
Mala ~2011?

worst
Loefah 2012.

lol

i saw these ‘tokyo shock boys’ -fellas once - bit more extreme than on letterman though

1 BigUp

So jokes.

Sanchez weren’t even extreme, just narstie :confused:

1 BigUp

these guys too but when i was 10 or so and they were nasty lol but pretty awesome

1 BigUp

Dunno if it was the absolute best performance I have ever seen, but between around 2004 give or take a year either way I got to see High Contrast in some tiny, fancy club for suits and their bimbos. I was such a weird venue and they only booked the one DJ. Tiny dance floor crowded with like 30 crusty ravers dancing while the suits wondered wtf was going on. Someone on the floor started passing around free pills and things took right off. Weird shit.

Got to get right up close and see the man work. Very cool.