The most dissapointing/best performance you've seen

I have a terrible memory so can’t remember the best sets I’ve ever seen, I’ve seen Skream, Digital Mystikz, Goth-Trad, and Pinch all play blinding sets but not sure on the year or event specifically.

Worst sets there are too many to mention, lots of producers start playing sets as soon as they can get bookings but before they can actually mix lol

heard stellar sets by people who are technically bad DJs… [spoiler]Peverelist :badteeth: [/spoiler]

Best set I have ever heard was most likely Kahn & Neek at Broken Dub House, was absolutely insane. Pretty up there @Johoosh ?

That was nuts + i had a good laugh with Marcus

But for me

Commodo - System 1st Birthday
Youngsta - System (1st one without Mala)
Kode 9 - Outlook 2012ish (if you drop Lambeth to 100 ppl in the rain you’re onto a winner really)
Finn & Riko at Dance Tunnel last year - never seen so many necessary wheels - unplug that CDJ
Kahn & Neek in Brighton (think this was actually the night after we saw them @TrendyGrime but the vibes were nuts down by the sea
Icicle at that Youngsta Invites Getdarker 2012 - best vibes ive seen on a Wednesday night lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6KPhf85nSE

Oh also Gorgon Sound vs Dubkasm on OBF at Teachings this year

and the first time I saw Iration in Cable fuck knows when that was, Quest b2b Jay5 in Room 3 Dread was still getting wheels in the intro back then (and forever) + ppl were still dropping Xmas Day Swagger FIYAH

Ishan @ the moat this year was one of my highlights, dunno about ever… Too many!

Worst, DOOM not turning up. There was a Joy Orbison set I was really disappointed with because the same time last year he played a blinder.

Also Digital Mystikz vs Loefah was particularly bad at Outlook. Lasted 20 mins before giving up. Just too predictable and Cokis mixing was more non existent than normal.

honestly… why care about it at this point. man doesn’t like mixing, still wants to be up their with his fam, and fam wants him up there too. just let it be imo.

Most dissapointing has to be Coki for me. Saw him at Outlook 2012 alongside Mala and Loefah and jeeeeeesus christ he sucked. Don’t get me wrong he played some absolute bangazzzz…but the mixing was soooo bad. First track he dropped was Spongebob, which he backspun 7… YES, 7 TIMES. Yeah wheel ups do get everyone hype for sure, but after the second time it just annoyed me. It was that bad after a few tunes that Loefah actually pushed him off the decks and he didn’t play for almost the whole set. Bigups to Coki on the tunes, he does kill it. But c;mon… 7 wheel ups of the same tune… That’s just stupid :stuck_out_tongue:

1 BigUp

So you would enjoy pre-recorded sets, just because the person up there is “with their fam” or having fun. Just let them? He, and his fam, can have as much fun as they want, doesn’t mean I’m forced to.

It isn’t bad mixing that ruined the set, it was the laziness in not even attempting to mix. It ruined the flow way more than usual. Loefah played one of the million Pulse edits before Coki and Coki let it run out (like 4 minutes of an 8 bar loop) before just pressing play and letting his tune start from the beginning.

I dunno about you but when I pay to see a DJ I don’t really expect them to press play, let the tune play entirely, then press play on the next song.

i’m just saying you know what to expect, people have complained about it dozens of times. don’t go see them then. :shrug:

I’ve seen them loads, I know what to expect and can enjoy it. Hence why I said the mixing was more non existent than normal and it was a particularly bad set. Even with the low expectations… it was bad.

Even Malas tune selections weren’t to my taste and he’s normally the best out of the 3.

was this last year in December? absolute madness, was the first time I heard fuck mountain VIP

and the bandulu ep wasnt out at this point so hearing got my ting/etc was nuts

1 BigUp

Yeah mate in Concorde - next level vibes

Could tell from the intro Play Your Corner wheel it was gonna be a good one, Neek drawing for Spliff Dub too: bad kid

Few fights in the set too haha

Actually crowd antics have been the reason for some of my least enjoyable sets/nights. The Bug at Outlook was the most recent (and the system was ridiculously weak)… group of lads kept tapping me, and others around me, on the shoulder then pretending like neither of them had done anything. Childish antics like that really do my head in… if the only way to enjoy your night is to try and ruin another persons you’re a grade A dickhead.

On the flip side, chatting/meeting decent people in the dance have made so many nights great.

That’s a great way to get yourself a slap.

Eagles of Death Metal the other night was p. weak.

Really j… Really

1 BigUp

Poor

Murlo at Birthdays this year was ill, opened with Sean Paul - Infiltrate lol

Still need to see Murlo… does he play much of his Sharda stuff?

This waaan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SfAlhC12y0