The Original Growl Bass Thread (Official)

That’s really cool man, really metallic feel to your drones yeah and the build of the song is awesome really heavy feel to it. I did in fact already slightly improve the drone compared to that video and added more metallic sound by merely messing with vocodex and slightly with sound designs using Hyper on Serum’s internal FX, Haven’t tried delay though, Just added it to patcher (as my mixer effect slots are full already on that drone) testing out now, thanks for the advice

1 BigUp

So I was playing around with serum and got this, feedback on the growls is appreciated! https://clyp.it/mexgtamt

ha dude, I like that

got this
Maybe some different distortion in the mids?
I dunno, it works though. ask me anything about this and I can try to answer, and no, there isnt any wow filter
( i hate wow filter growls >:c )

I’m in trouble guys, i can’t get one particular sound sound the same on the remake i’m working on:

First the original sound, then my sound design imitation on Serum
Any advice?

Maybe try layering in some bright noise from the noise oscillator if you haven’t already.
If you have done that maybe try changing the pitch of the noise.
Are you using the reverb filter? It kinda sounds like the original could be using the reverb filter. Also maybe go an octave higher on the modulator. I mean i assume you know what you’re doing and using the fm in serum lol
Just my two cents.

Yeah thanks, i messed around with the sound for a while and then just opened up a Massive and designed another sound on top of the previous one for another layer, it’s much better now, almost like the original but not exactly. Now i’m struggling with Super Saw Melody design and EQ, otherwise it’s almost finished remake

Not to be a jerk or anything but can we get some actual high-tier growls in here? - people wonder why this is inactive half the time…

Or even some actual knowledge other than the basics that everyone pretty much has known by now but hasn’t bothered to read the 1029 messages worth of it…

Nowhere near buddy. Spitfya is closer.

Ok “finished” the remake, it’s not as good as i hoped… Like every single sound design is a lot off from the original but at least i tried:

Well im obviously trying but when no one responds, theres no feedback or modifications we can try to make to get better, but like you said, reading 1000+ messages is alot.

I responded then everyone died so

It’s kinda getting annoying with everyone circle jerking over his growls. The more I learn about making them the less I wanna sound like anyone else

1 BigUp

Would you mind sharing anything about this one other than “you used techniques from this thread”? :o

Anything you’d like to share about the processing? Thats the kind of thing i’m looking for, I just cant seem to get it right. :confused:

Um sure, it’s a fair bit old and I don’t think I even have the project anymore. But it’s more than likely an insanely simple patch like a sine formant wavetable with bandpass/band reject on it, processing was like 3 different phasers all on different frequencies, a resonator, a fair amount of OTT compression and saturation.

3 Likes

Sound design is a waste of time, so be wise what you waste it on. So either monkey see monkey do, or create something new, this is my view on innovation.

This is not to sound rude, but if you don’t innovate you aren’t going to get very far on anything. It took 5 years for someone to scratch we took someone els maybe 5 months to crack.

You stole shit from Spitfya lol, that’s horrible innovation.

1 BigUp

Here comes the banter

1 BigUp