The Original Growl Bass Thread (Official)

“To make it simple, add it after you have done some distorting and then bit of compression after, then add a moving one”

A moving what? Compression/Distortion? That’s a thing?

A moving filter.

I made this absolutely disgusting thing lmfao. https://clyp.it/00dfzpgf

1 BigUp

its not bad, I wouldnt really use it as a main bass though. I mean it could work but youd have to have a fuller mix

or just get a basic wave sound, stack a bunch of phasers or get a vst that allows you to have multiple amounts of those in a row, slap a couple otts, maybe distortion before them, resample, take out the distortion in second chain and have a reasonably sounding growl

lmao absolutely not. it sounds pretty cool to me though, I like it most because I can modulate it with my own voice. I could only really see it beung used in an um… track[quote=“ShadowRaz, post:1206, topic:617”]
best
[/quote]

? can i ask why you quoted one word from my monster message?

Like seriously, even though i tried to re-read your message several times, i can’t understand the point of that quote? best? best what?

So i was watching a tutorial for a “growl” which ended up just sounding like someone saying yoy on top of a saw wave
So i remade it (somewhat) and added 5 or so effects and made it slightly better
thoughts

Made this in serum :slight_smile:

Oh shit

sorry , ment a stationary phaser and moving one

Sounds good, now add dat sub bass n put it in a song

Ableton, FM8, Formant filters. Tell me if you want any information :full_moon_with_face:

Needs some more grit to it but otherwise pretty good
Maybe some more distortion and more OTT

https://soundcloud.com/zach-sergeant-1/dubstep-kind-of-finished-song

not completely finished but lemme know what yall think.

I think It definitely needs more variety in bass sounds

the whole track is very repetitive imo.

This time I used sytrus to make a basic sound and then just added 3 moving Formant EQs, a still Phaser, abletons Vocoder, a huge bunch of compression and just a little bit of distortion. I also always give a tiny bit of reverb and Chorus at the start of the FX chain to make it sound a bit wider. :full_moon_with_face:

I still dont know when/how exactly to use Compression on my Growls. :confused:

OTT m808

I think this is my best one yet :full_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

That’s a good one!

Any insight on how you made this?