Thinking In My Pajamas

Oh, sorry

it was just to underline what i was talking about ^^

i think its awesome all of it

@ Someone, invent some loonie goggles with frequency monitoring overlays !

Maybe without a chord going to the mouse lol

Could go down the software modular route. I have this ensemble in Reaktor:

I personally would rather play with the hardware though.

2 Likes

I like the pretty colours.

Arturiaā€™s stuff is pretty good if you go vst

http://djtechtools.com/2011/01/23/how-to-make-a-dj-name-drop/

1. pretty useful info gotta have ur name drop

2. is this the most horrible advice iā€™ve ever read, i was wondering if this was a really sharp parody

Compression: This one is very important. You can make the freshest name drop ever, however if it isnā€™t compressed on the way out, itā€™ll sink in your mix! In a few words, compression will raise the quiet parts of the vocal to the same percieved volume as the loud parts- making the small nuances in the vocal audible. You can read more on it here: Compress With The Best- A How-To
After getting everything recorded and sounding saucy, make sure to throw a limiter on the master output of your DAW. Although understanding limiters can be a bit daunting at times, just adjust the threshold/input to where youā€™re seeing some gain reduction, and bring the output down to around -0.3db.

A handy trick is to play a popular mastered track, and match your vocal so that it sounds equally as loud. You donā€™t want your name drop to get lost in the mix!

y would u try and take your crap name drop against a professionally mastered tune and just limit it till itā€™s the same volumeā€¦is that not going to yield some horrific results

percieved volume not the db read out tho!

I think itā€™s all a bit paint by numbers and doesnā€™t make sense, like just summarising bits heard somewhere else or something ā€¦

Looks cool and the demos sound good. Iā€™ve downloaded and installed Pure Data and Automatonism just opens in Pd.

Will check this out sometime but Iā€™m still trying to wrap my head around Blocks in Reaktor 6.

1 BigUp

I gave this a go because it seems cool. Very buggy on Windows 10. The modules pane would just disappear after I chose a module. I could not get all of the modules loaded up into the pane to build a basic synth.

Back to Reaktor 6 for now. Let me know how it all goes.

1 BigUp

Reasonably stable on Win8, but I could see it being a CPU hog too.

1 BigUp